Rome Ciampino to Hotel

Search

Rome Ciampino to Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Ciampino to Hotel

1st time trip to Europe/Italy scheduled for mid November. I have been reading the message boards but still uncertain as to how to get from Ciampino airport to our Hotel in the Trastevere area. Our hotel will pick us up for 55 euro but sounds like (if I can figure it out) that there might be a much cheaper way. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:12 AM

Hi Nik - I did the same trip (CIA to Trastavere) in January this year. We took a cab, and I think it was around 30 Euro. They are waiting right in front of the airport past the baggage claim.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:12 AM

A google search gets you to http://www.adr.it/Default.asp?L=3& which lists all the options.

Old Oct 26th, 2006, 08:22 AM

There are a couple of really cheap ways to get to the center from Ciampino, although they are definately not as easy (or quick) as a taxi.

You could take a bus (I believe it is blue) from the bus stop outside of the terminal area. This is usually a very busy bus which takes you to the Anagnina metro stop where you can buy ticket for the metro and get into town where you could then take another bus or taxi to your hotel. This method will cost you a couple euros (1 for the bus and 1 for the metro) plus whatever taxi fare or another bus ticket (1 euro).

Then there is another bus (this one is either orange if I remember correctly). This one will take you to Ciampino Rail Station where you can catch a train to the center (Termini) and then taxi or bus to your hotel. This method is slightly less used by the tourists and costs slightly more, but in my opinion is much easier than taking the metro because the bus and train are not nearly as crowded (easier for luggage) as the other bus and metro. It will cost about 2 euros for the first bus and then a couple more for the train ticket plus your taxi or bus.

If you're staying in Trastevere, the metro doesn't have a stop nearby. There would be city buses from Termini servicing that area. Remember that taking either of the cheaper options will take approximately and hour to get from the airport to the center and then you'll catch a taxi or bus which adds more time.

For where you are staying, it might just be best to take a taxi like lizziea06 suggested. Whichever you chose, have a great trip.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 09:04 AM

Yup, I agree, Nikwhit-I did it the other way last month, took a taxi from my hotel to CIA (but I was staying near Termini) and it seemed it was about 25 Euros-more importantly, it was very easy, and no hassle with the luggage. You can catch a bus from CIA to the metro station, as stated, but then, with luggage, (and remember, the metro is a prime spot for pickpocketers) you need to know exactly where your hotel is in Trastevere, or else, you'll have to take a taxi from the metro stop, if you can find a taxi, that is. Much easier just to take a taxi from the airport.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 09:08 AM

Nik-where are you staying in Trastavere?
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 09:35 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
There's a bus that serves the budget airlines (you must show boarding pass/e-ticket)from Ciampino to Rome Termini. The cost is 8E. Then you would have to taxi the rest of the way.
http://www.terravision.it/rome_ciampino.html#

Another option is the transfer to Ciampino train station. From there you can train to Trasterve with a change at Termini. The Trastevere train station might not be close to your hotel so you may have to taxi from there.

www.limoservicerome.com will pick you up and take you to your hotel for 45E for 3 people.

For other options here's a link to the Ciampino airport.
http://www.adr.it/content.asp?L=3&idMen=204