Rome bus route map

Search

Rome bus route map

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome bus route map

Have heard that the bus routes in Rome are difficult to figure out. Anyone know of a website with a good map I could download?
Old May 25th, 2007, 05:35 PM

http://www.atac.roma.it/

Here is the website of public transportation in Rome that includes buses. Click on "percorsi e mappe" and then "Roma centro". It's not too hard to figure out. You can always look at the bus stop signs (fermata) and see if the place you want to go to is listed. But you will need to ask someone where to get off. Be careful because sometimes the bus routes in one direction can be slightly different from the return routes. But the Roman buses are great once you figure them out. Beware of pickpockets on the most touristy buses.
Old May 27th, 2007, 04:20 AM

Download the map listed by palatino.

What I do is to shrink the PDF image to just about the size of a standard paper size, then print out the map, using a color printer on heavy, glossy photostock. You can get the paper at almost any office supply.

Before you go, figure out what places you want to visit and the associated buses. I then highlight those lines. Rome buses are great and are everywhere.

You might also want to get the night bus map, if you are going to be roaming around after midnight.

dave