Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rome airport(FCO) or civitavecchia Port?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2023, 10:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I have a mediterranean cruise from Rome to Barcelona in early November 2023. On the safe side, we plan to arrive FCO at noon, one day earlier. Please help us to find a convenient place to stay for the one night prior to embarking. We have been to Rome 5 years ago, therefore do not plan to do sightseeing in Rome but to spend 4 days after the cruise in Barcelona, we also need your help and recommendation for hotel in Barcelona. Thank you.
Old Jan 10th, 2023, 12:14 AM

Stay either close to Rome Termini station or go to Tarquinia if you are interested in Etruscan graves and museums and reach your boat from there by taxi.
Old Jan 10th, 2023, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Neckervd.
Old Jan 10th, 2023, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Please recommend a good/clean/safe hotel close to port Civitavecchio, around $100. or close to Termini station. Hotel Traghetto? Hotel Smart Cruise? Hotel De La Ville?
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 10:43 PM
Original Poster

Our flight from SFO-FRA-FCO arrives 5:50pm instead of noon, we probably will be very tired and just want to have a good night sleep. Next morning, have a good brunch and head to the cruise port by 3pm.

I found two possible B&B and need your help in deciding which one is better located. Reading info and guest reviews, I like #2. Your input is greatly appreciated.

1. B&B Hotel Roma Tuscolana San Giovanni, it says to take train for Orte Fara Sabina get off @ Stazione Di Roma Tuscolana stop, it is located behind the station, a 5-minute walk from Ponte Lungo Metro Station on line A.

2. B&B All 'Ombra di San Pietro Via Anastasio II 372, Trionfale, 00165 Rome, Italy, It is 650 feet from Valle Aurelia Metro Stop. Villa Borghese is a 10-minute Metro ride from the property.