Reload this Page >

Rome -- Affordable Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 09:18 AM
Karen Lee

Message: My sister and I traveled to Rome the Fall of 1999. We stayed at a functional hotel, but it was near the Termini. We were facing the street, which meant it was really noisy at night. It was really hard to sleep at night because it was too hot if you kept the window closed because of the noise. <BR> <BR>We are planning to return to Rome in April, but wanted to get some insight on an affordable hotel away from the noisy street. <BR> <BR>It will be three of traveling. I am looking for a hotel that has a double/triple room accomodation. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 12:29 PM
jhm

Buy Let's Go Rome -- great hotels at student budgets in various locations all over the city. I stayed in Pensione Panda near the Spanish Steps -- 5 flights up, bathrooms not en suite, but good price and quiet location close enough to everything. I also stayed in another albergo they recommended and was quite happy with it.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 03:30 PM
Deborah

Dumos Julia which are rooms and apartments owned by the Hotel Julia. Go to www.hoteljulia.it and click on B and B.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 06:57 PM
cheri

Hi, <BR> <BR>I was in Rome in November with two friends, and we stayed at the Hotel Sant'Angelo. It was great - very clean, and pretty quiet, but still walking distance to everything. The website on the brochure I have is, www.novaera.it/hsa. I would stay there again. Also, right around the corner was the best restaurant - Ristorante La Piccola Irpinia. <BR> <BR>Have a great time.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 07:11 PM
richardab

Have you considered the Hotel Due Torri? I am not sure how cheap affordable is, but the Due Torri is a good value. The Due Torri is also in a great location, it's very quiet and has a staff that can't be beat! <BR> <BR>I have some pics of it on my websight plus more info about Rome including restaurants and hotels. I just added my "Top Ten" for things to "See" in Rome. Check it out-- <BR> <BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/ <BR> <BR>Let me know if you have any questions. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 09:57 AM
mimi

We stayed at the Best Western, Villafranca, also near the station. It was on a quiet street and they were remodeling the rooms. It had an excellent breakfast which was included and we thought it was very reasonable for a major city. We also saw the Hotel Canada which is also part of Best Western which was near our hotel. This was also reccommended. We like booking through this chain and have found the small hotels , mainly three stars, that <BR>are in Europe have good standards. It is also easy to use the i-800 number to book and to cancel.