Reload this Page >

Riviera Rental Help

Search

Riviera Rental Help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 01:53 PM
Sarah

Riviera Rental Help

Bonjour, My husband and I just got back from Provence and a taste of the Riviera. We stayed two nights in Villefranche-sur-mer. We'd like to go back again next year for a week with another couple friends of ours. Does anyone know any ideas for a week rental in the area. Something more cottage-like if possible. Any ideas would help. Hilltowns to go to or stay at - etc... thanks

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 07:20 PM
elvira

Not knowing your budget, or your particular tastes, I'm not able to recommend one place over another, but below are a couple of websites which I haved used for rentals (variety of choices; have had good luck with them): <BR>http://www.abritel.fr/services/abritel/fr/default.ssi <BR>http://www.francevillas.com/sommaireuk.html <BR>http://www.frenchconnections.co.uk/ <BR> <BR>Some places will require a car; others won't, so keep that in mind. Also, unless you get a place that's been completely gutted and redone to suit Americans, you'll find accommodations different from what you're used to in the U.S. Smaller rooms, different appliances, etc. Be sure it has a washer and dryer - laundromats are hard to find, expensive, and very time consuming. Much easier to throw in a load of wash before you leave in the morning, and put it in the dryer that evening. Take my word on this.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 06:35 AM
Sarah

Elvira, <BR> <BR>Thank you for your help. We are trying to find a place that is on the reasonable side. I know that the area tends to be more expensive. We were thinking of staying in one of the hilltowns and drive down to the sea for a day or two. Thanks for web sites. Any other ideas.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 11:58 AM
Angela

Actually, we are trying to plan our honeymoon in Provence, also with the idea of renting a villa on a hilltop town. Although they were a bit out of our price range, check out this rental agency: www.WIMCO.com. I didn't want to go with an agency because of the higher prices, but being that this is an overseas rental, I was a little weary to rent something without prior recommendations. Good luck!

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 03:07 PM
val

yes try [email protected] - there is a great village in the Var region above St. Tropez - La Garde Freinet - 2 bedroom house - beautiful w/everything you need. Walk down into the village for dinner, food, drinks, shopping, etc. and only 20 minutes by car to St. Tropez, etc. I think this is the best area - you can also do day trips to the Luberon or Vaucluse area of Provence from here. you won't be disapointed