Reload this Page >

Riviera - Hotels w/ Beaches

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Jen

Can anyone recommend some hotels on the Italian Riviera which have beaches. I am looking for a place I can spend for 4 days to relax and get a tan. I don't mind being away from a large city - such as genoa or portofino. I just want beach chair and sun.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Henly

Why don't you go to a resort in Elba or Sardinia!!! Thats what I preferred to do when I lived in Italy and wanted to relax on the beach for a few days. The Porto Roco is Monterosso on the Cinque Terra has a small beach area- a few steps away from hotel. Ih ave several rec's in Elba and Sardinia if you need advice.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Diane Mac

The town of Monterrosso in the Cinqueterre has alot of sandy beach where you can rent a chair and umbrella for about $7. You could stay at any hotel in Monterrosso and still be on the beach. The other CinqueTerre towns do not have any beaches really, just big rocks to lay on. We didn't get anywhere besides the 5 towns in the CinqueTerre so I can't comment about the surrounding area. I have heard that Santa Margarita is nice and I think there is a beach there.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Jen

Henly, I would love some recommendations/info for Elba. What is the easiest way to get there? Good places to stay. <BR><BR>Diane, Thank you for your suggestion on Mont. I will do some research there as well.<BR><BR>My trip starts in Milan and heads down to Florence and Tuscany region. We fly out of Milan - we are just looking for 5 nights hanging on a beach at a nice resort to relax. So any other suggestions would be nice.<BR><BR>Thank you.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Suzanne

Re: the Elba questions......I just came back from staying in Elba 3 months ago. Please note that the La Spezia port for boats to Elba has been closed down. The next nearest port going southward would be Livorno, and then Piombino Marittima. We took the train down to PM, then the boat over to Elba. The 1 hour boat ride cost 12e per person (no auto). The boat docks in Portoferraio, within easy walking distance to all the city sites. I would recommend the hotel Ape Elbana in the center of the town, within walking distance of all the shops, port, museums, etc. The hotel cost approx. 65e/night for a double room, including breakfast and is family owned! A definite find! If you wish to see Napoleon's "country villa" (Villa Napoleonica di San Martino), you take bus #6 out of town for the 25 minute ride out there thru beautiful countryside. The villa is lovely, with expansive grounds and fascinating museum - definitely worth the trip. In town, Napoleon's other villa, Villa dei Mullini, is within easy walking distance of the city center. I loved Elba and would return there in a heartbeat!