Reload this Page >

River/Barge Cruise.

Search

River/Barge Cruise.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 11:38 AM
AVIVA

River/Barge Cruise.

We are hoping to take a one week ride down a river in southern France.we need help finding a good company and/or who to contact.There are ten of us.Thanks,Aviva

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 05:02 PM
elvira

Try crown blue lines or france passion plaisance; both have websites.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 05:03 PM
elvira

I should add: if using crown blue lines, go through their UK headquarters. We were overcharged by the U.S. version last fall, and I'm still doing battle to get a refund.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Judy

I did a barge trip few years ago in Southeast France Cognac area for one week(dep from Angouleme). I booked it directly from a barge company while I was in Paris,paid around $750 for single room. Other passengers on the same barge paid more than $2000 each from States for shared room . With ten of you,hopefully you will get a better deal or if you could get someone in Paris to book directly for you.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 04:18 PM
Mary

We have done both the "canal cruise" using The French Cruise Line (this was in '92, so I don't know if they're still around). That was a wonderful trip. All we did was show up and they took care of everything else. <BR> <BR>We did a self-drive cruise in the south of France in October of '99 using Locaboat Plaisance (www.locaboat.com) and had an incredible time. <BR> <BR>Each has it's own flavor. Feel free to email me directly for more info.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Dick Hardy

Look into French Country Waterways. Definitely the cream of the crop!

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 03:03 PM
andrea

Did french river cruise down RHone river-on MS Cezanne --good boat--however there's an even newer one out called the Cezanne II and the Mozart.Call Uniglobe cruise in NY or Peter Dielmann Cruises-also NY--or book thru your travel agent--your agent could get you better rate for more rooms needed--absolutely fantastic w/wonderful excursions in Provence and Lyon- remember river cruises run at faster rate than barge cruises and you get into some wonderful towns---enjoy and have fun--it was a trip of the lifetime for us--andy

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 04:17 PM
wendy

I am going on French Waterways, deluxe state rooms, eating on fine china and drinking out of fabulous crystal, cooking demonstrations and lessons and vineyard/market visits...real luxury through Burgundy.