Rex!

Jun 19th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Monica

Rex!

I tried to email you twice this a.m. but they came back undeliverable. Please send me a message to [email protected] so I can give you information on the next DC/MD/VA luncheon.

Jun 19th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Rex

Damn usa.net! I wonder how many other e-mails I miss!?

Try [email protected] and also [email protected]

or post date (at least) here!

well, actually i just looked and i DID get it

hope i could do it that weekend (7th or 8th)

looks promising

Rex

Jun 19th, 2001, 07:48 AM
Rex

Oh - - now i see that it is from elena - - but I did a reply all...

Rex

Jun 19th, 2001, 08:18 AM
Monica

Just emailed you using [email protected]. So far the 8th looks to be a better date.

Jun 19th, 2001, 07:10 PM
Rex

Monica,

Seems like it was an isolated glitch. I haven't been getting all that much e-mail in the last few days, but I did write to a bunch of people today, and I can't determine that anyone else has written to me and gotten back an "undeliverable" message. Since my e-mail is web-based, it seems like "hacking" or "tampering" is excessively paranoid and far-fetched.

And my daughter thinks that the weekend of the 7th/8th would be fine for us to come visit there. I have to confirm that I do not have to work that weekend.

Thanks,

Rex

Jun 19th, 2001, 08:22 PM
aaa

...and what's this got to do with European travel?

Jun 19th, 2001, 09:23 PM
Rex

Fodorites' luncheon...

what does the reply from aaabbbcccdd got to do with anything?

Jun 20th, 2001, 05:25 AM
Monica

Hello aaa ([email protected]),

If you have noticed on this web site (if you've been on this web site for a while) you note that there are groups throughout the USA that are getting together with other fellow fodorites. I had the first one in Paris back in May 1999 and that has sparked the interest of others to meet other fodorites. In the area that I live in, there are about a dozen of us that get together on a monthly basis. You can visit my web site at http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html and click on Fodorites Corner to see some photos of our get togethers. Also posted is Sally's web site which shows other groups who have gotten together and their web sites as well. Hope this helps!

Jun 20th, 2001, 05:28 AM
Monica

PS: Here's Sallys web site http://geocities.com/dhfsbf/fodorite/fodor.htm

Jun 20th, 2001, 05:59 AM
Huh?

Why is Rex participating with the DC/VA/MD group? I thought he was from Ohio or something?

Jun 20th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Monica

He'll be in the area.

Jun 20th, 2001, 08:15 AM
Rex

Our daughter is doing an internship in Washington this summer. A chance to go see her.

Jun 20th, 2001, 08:59 AM
xxx

Um, not for nothing,

Monica and Rex, why do you need to explain yourselves?

Sometimes messages are just for the people they are titled for!

Mind your own business, people!

Jun 20th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Huh?

Well, I am minding my business. I was thinking about joining the festivities, since I actually live in DC. I wanted to know if this was the sort of thing where someone like Rex might be "pitching" something, so I wanted an explanation beforehand. Sounds like Rex has a reason to drop by. Fine, then.

Jun 20th, 2001, 10:01 AM
huhhuh

how do you spell p-a-r-a-n-o-i-a? Huh??

Jun 20th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Monica

No, Rex is not pitching anything. It's my gatherings that I've been doing for a while now. It's a group of people who like to talk about traveling, sharing the stories, and photos. Huh?, if interested, email me directly.

And as for xxx, I have no problems explaining things to others. That's what this forum is all about: talking to others. Gee, like I'm talking to you now!

Jun 20th, 2001, 10:41 AM
xxx

Okay, okay. I just had felt some sort of negativity creeping in and I was actually sticking up for Monica and Rex! Sorry.

Maybe I just need to mind my OWN business then.

Wish I could join you in DC anyhow.