Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Return today from germany after 3 weeks holiday. Any ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 02:19 AM
vgpma

Thanks to the board, I had a very good holiday with my family in southern germany for 3 weeks. <BR>if you have any questions, I am willing to share my inputs. i will post the trip report later. <BR>

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Shanna

Excellent - can you tell me how you were received? Friendly or are the Germans mad at us too? If you drove, anything strange or unusual about driving compared to U.S.? Und Ich sprechen ein bischen Deutsch und - understand - kein Deutsch. (also don't spell it too good either) Many English speakers? I look forward to your report. And finally: wein oder bier? which is best?

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 07:29 AM
vgpma

No problem. i am from Singapore. we spent about 3 weeks going through South Germany and the normal must see places. Did not have time to go Mosel/Rhine Area. The germans were good to us. All the family that we stayed were very helpful and by the way we drove all the way. Driving is similar to US and they really drive very fast. If you need any special info, email me. By the way my group consisit of my wife & 2 young children ages 4 & 5. <BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 10:55 PM
victor

I have created a website which tracks our daily activites during the 3 week stay in Germany. Also included are photos from the trip.<BR><BR>The trip report is at www.vgpma.com/travel/

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 06:00 AM
Ess

Victor, what a nice trip report on your website. I especially appreciated the photos. Looks like you had a nice time. Thank you for sharing!