Reload this Page >

Restaurants Near Opera Garnier

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Janine

Does anyone out there have any recommendations for restaurants close to the Opera Garnier for an after-ballet dinner?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Thyra

We also eat at Chez Clement when we go to the ballet. It isn't the fanciest restaurant in Paris, but the meals we have had there have been very good and the service on the ball. If you do go there, note that all decor, sconses, fixtures etc, are made of knives forks and spoons. Very clever!

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Janine

Thanks. Does anyone know anything about Chez Catherine?

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Ursula

Janine, Chez Catherine is supposed to be good. Have not been there yet, sorry.<BR><BR>Another possibility, Le Grand Cafe, 4, Blvd. des Capucines. Very busy brasserie, great for people watching. Food is ok, not outstanding though. But fine for something light after the ballet.<BR>Stays open 24/24h. So, one of the numerous places for "noctambules".

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Topper

To the top!

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 03:27 AM
janine

topping for more please!

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 04:23 AM
wendy

We will be going to two restaurants int eh area there, in a few weeks...<BR>one is Androuet, specializing in cheese (all courses prepared to include differents cheeses, from light to heavy) and then secondly, the baby bistro, Le Dauphin. I ate at Le Dauphin in December, and went becasue Zagat's wrote that it is 'excellent and original' as well as 'a good value'... but when I was there, I spotted Michelin star chef Jaques Chibois and Guy Savoy in the corner taking tasting notes of the menu... it was absolutely delicious!! I can forward the menu we had, prices, and addresse(s) if you'd like.<BR><BR>Bon Appetit!<BR>~Wendy~

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 04:58 AM
c

OMG-wendy-I have heard so much good stuff about Androuet! We thought about going last fall but I got worried that I wouldn't be able to do justice to that much cheese! Enjoy-and do please,tell us all about it when you return~C

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Laura

Janine: A couple of years ago we ate at a restaurant directly to the left (if you are facing the building) of the L'Opera Garnier. The name of the restaurant was something very basic like "Opera Restaurant". The food was incredible and the service was the best I had seen in lots of travel. We made reservations just the day before and when we walked in the door the night of our reservation, the maitre d' (sp??) met us at the door and greeted us by name. Every course was served with impeccable genteelness and we felt like royalty. And, as I mentioned, the food (we had duck and rabbit) was very, very good. I don't know what your budget it ... this place was a little expensive. We didn't mind because it was our one splurge. It was nice to get out of the ballet and just walk across the street to dinner, too.<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR><BR>Laura

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 05:41 AM
wendy

Just an FYI for those who know the Cafe de la Paix on the corner in front of the opera... it has closed and is no longer going to exist... it will though, in a new form part of a multi-million Eruo deal high end hotel... not sure if the beautiful 'Belle Epoque" architecture will resurface....<BR><BR>~Wendy~

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 05:44 AM
wendy

Whoops, I mean 'EURO!'

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:15 AM
andi

I am planning to take my 13-year-old daughter to the ballet at the Opera Garnier. We will not be dining after the performance, as most Parisians would, but rather before. Two questions: Will the restaurants be totally dead if we go out early, say six-ish before the ballet? Second question: I was thinking of Androuet for that night (sounds fabulous) but wanted to know how long a trip by Metro to the opera house - it doesn't look that close, or if by cab, how long and how much would it cost? Thanks.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Nikki

I am also looking for restaurants open before the ballet in the neighborhood of the Garnier. I will be there with my daughter next Monday evening. Anyone?

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 08:51 AM
andi

Topping for me and Nikki.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 08:58 AM
c

I have this old list, that I made from a trip to Paris a few years ago, maybe this will help:<BR>Chinese-DAVE 39 rue St-Roch 42.61.49.48<BR><BR>LE GRAND CAFE bistro open 24 hrs,good seafood.4 Blvd Capucines 47.42.19.00<BR><BR>and the CAFE DE LA PAIX which I am not sure is presently open, you can check on that..3 Pl de l'Opera 40.07.30.20