Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Venice, Rome & Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2002, 03:33 PM
Judith

I'm looking for restaurant recommendations for Venice and Florence. Particularly Venice, though. I'm not a big seafood eater so I'm hoping for restaurants with a good pasta selection. Simple, convenient, food at a decent price.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:22 PM
Rourke

The most recent Conde Nast (spelling?) magazine has a great spread on the 50 best new restaurants. There is definitely some inexpensive restaurants listed--some of which are in the areas you are traveling... You may also want to check their website.

Old May 24th, 2002, 05:33 AM
elaine

Hi Judith<BR>I just brought temporarily to the top another thread about moderately-priced Venice restaurants. Just scroll down on the left.<BR>If you do a search here on Venice and on Florence, you will find many more suggestions.<BR><BR>I also recommend the book "Time to Eat, Venice" published by Thomas Cook.<BR>Very small and lightweight, very useful.<BR>I also have files on Florence and Venice with some restaurant ideas; if you'd like to see them, email me.

Old May 24th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Louis

Try the Taverna San Trovaso on the Fondamenta S. Trovaso. (near Accademia)It's exactly that: simple, convenient, and great pasta at at decent price.<BR>Get there early though. It opens at 7:00 PM and line strats forming around 6:30. <BR>

Old May 24th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Marinee

My husband and I just returned from Venice. We wanted a resturant that wasn't so touristy. So we found a GREAT small place call Ostaria Antica Dolo, Ruga Rialto 778. Website: anticodolo.it. Wonderful waiter, wonderful food. The waiter is the menu however!

Old May 24th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Sandy

About how much did the Antico Dolo cost?