Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Budapest

Search

Restaurants in Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 1998, 09:50 AM
Gaby

Restaurants in Budapest

I'm looking for an atmospheric, romantic, beautiful restaurantin Budapest with excellent vegetarian food - cost no object. Any ideas? <BR> <BR>Gaby

Old Sep 11th, 1998, 01:39 AM
francesca

Gundel, Budapest's most famous and probably oldest restaurant, has several of the qualities you are looking for: certainly a beautiful, romantic atmosphere (a gorgeous, huge room and live orchestra). Prices are high but affordable. However, Hungary does seem an unlikely bet for vegetarian food. <BR>

Old Sep 11th, 1998, 07:20 AM
Gaby

Thanks Francesca. <BR> <BR>What can I do - my partner is a vegetarian! There must be some veggies in Hungary. <BR> <BR>Gaby

Old Sep 11th, 1998, 07:20 AM
Gaby

Thanks Francesca. <BR> <BR>What can I do - my partner is a vegetarian! There must be some veggies in Hungary. <BR> <BR>Gaby

Old Sep 14th, 1998, 05:11 PM
graziella

Hello ...I agree with Francesca ( I noticed that her replies are always very good) go to Gundel , surely they will workout a vegetarian menu for you, they have delicious homemade icecream, <BR>wonderful vegetables accompaning their main dishes etc. <BR>I also tried the Gunda Torte , chocalate..ok? <BR>I also enjoyed Alabardos where outdinning is also available. Same thing there, surely they can prepare some kind of vegetarian feast. <BR>By the way do not miss the little historic cafe, ( minuscule) Ruszwurm Cukraszd, for pastries and coffee. <BR>It is located near the castle and near <BR>Ala bardos, apparently the wife of the Emperor Franz Joseph, the famous Zizi used to go there for coffee...? <BR>Or at least this is what someone told me. Good luck. <BR>