Restaurant reservation protocol

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Jane

Restaurant reservation protocol

Is it considered acceptable form to request dinner reservations via fax? We're heading to Paris next month and are trying to make restaurant plans for a few nights. We're not fluent in French, so we thought it might be eaiser -- and leave less room for misunderstanding or error -- if we handled the transaction in writing.<BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Marc David Miller

I call--that way if there is a problem with a particular date/time you get an immediate response and have the opportunity to change the reservation--if you are really concerned you can always fax the restaurant a note confirming the information after you made contact over the phone.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Liz

We had our hotel make reservations for us. Contacted the hotel by e-mail. They seemed happy to do it.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:21 AM
elvira

I've successfully used the fax to make reservations; for me, the time difference makes it very hard to do it by phone. If I get a fax back for confirmation, yippee. If I don't, I will call to verify that the fax was receive and all is in order.<BR><BR>I've done it by email as well, and that works just dandy.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Wendy

Jane I have also made reservations by fax and then ask for confirmation either by fax or email. Never had any problems.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 11:23 AM
c

Hi Jane, we always call the hotel and ask them to do it for us.It is so much easier that way.have fun~where are you planning on eating?

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Jane

Thanks, all, for your helpful comments. I think we'll probably attempt to make reservations via fax (as Elvira said, the time difference can make phone calls a challenge), then call to reconfirm once we reach Paris.<BR><BR>We haven't finalized our plans yet, but L'Astrance is looking good ...