Reload this Page >

Restaurant recs in the Algarve

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:58 AM
Jan

We are headed to the Algarve on Sunday and are interested in specific recommendations on restaurants and/or daytrips. We are staying in/near Sagres for one week and then, heading over to Tavira for a couple of days. We have a car and will be very mobile. Also, any tips on where to see a Fado show would be appreciated.<BR>Thanks!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 12:13 AM
m

Hello. First of all, let me tell about weather. It has been really good, with clear blue sky and maximum temperatures between 25º-30º, though some fresher weather is expected, there is no rain forecasted.<BR>Near the palce you're staying (Sagres), you have two small villages - Vila do Bispo, and Salema - that worth a escapade. There is a good choice of restaurants, though don't expect to find lots of sofistication. Grilled fish is a very good option (prices depend on the fish, but expect for a full course meal around 20 euros per\person).<BR>There is also another small city, Lagos, with lots of restaurants, and bars, pubs and discos, but more touristy in food terms (pizzas, and hamburgers).<BR>Fado is a Lisbon type of music, and you probably won't find any Fado house in Algarve.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>______________ _________________________<BR>+++++++++++ made in Portugal ++++++++++<BR>ºººº www.tourist-in-portugal.web.pt ººº<BR>---------------------------------------

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Jan

M,<BR>Thanks for the reply. We have been checking the weather daily and are excited! Sorry to hear about the Fado, but that is just another reason to visit Lisbon again!<BR>Cheers,<BR>Jan

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 07:24 AM
wells

Hi Jan!<BR>This is a compilation of some of the best,IMHO, restaurants along your trip from Sagres to Tavira:<BR><BR>RESTINGA<BR>Praia do Alvor (Portimao)<BR>Telf:282459434<BR>ADEGA VILALISA<BR>R.Francisco Bivar<BR>Mexilhoeira Grande (Monchique)<BR>Telf:282968478<BR>TRADICIONAL<BR>Es trada da Fonte Santa (Almacil)<BR>Telf:289399093<BR>GIGI<BR>Praia da Quinta do Lago<BR>telf:964045178<BR>PASSOS<BR>Praia do Ancao<BR>telf:289396435<BR><BR>Make sure you reserve well in advance,specially the famous GIGI,one of the best fish and seafood in Algarve.<BR>Enjoy and if you got the time to post back let me know your gastronomic opinions on my suggestions.<BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Jan

Well,<BR>Thank you! That was exactly the information I was looking for! I will let you know how they were.<BR>cheers,<BR>Jan