Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Restaurant recommendations near Spanish Steps?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 06:53 AM
GEORGE

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant near the Spanish Steps in Rome. I am not at all familiar with the area.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Book Chick

George, a restaurant called "Nino" is quite good, and it's on a street that intersects with Piazza di Spagna. It's on via Borgognona. It's a small place, but very professional service, good food & good prices. I had dinner there twice in January.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 08:14 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

George, Try Il 34--about 2 blocks away.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 08:38 AM
John

La Tartaruga is in the Jewish Ghetto and without question the best retuarant we experienced in Rome.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Billy Eric

There is a fabulous restaurant near the Trevi Fountain. I think it's called Gabriella, or Gabrielle? If you are facing the fountain, it's a street to your left, short ways down. It's very small. Other than that restaurant, my wife & I found the food in Italy to be so-so. NYC certainly has better Italian food. Don't go to La Carbanera in Campo De Fiore whatever you do.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 10:44 AM
LeLe

Cafe Leonardo- sort of behind the American Express office. Great tortellini, good pizza. Also has internet connections.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Mr. Go

Otello alla Concordia offers good value. Get the fried zuchinni flowers appetizer.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Book Chick

Bob, thanks for reminding me--had lunch at Il 34 about two days prior to leaving Rome. Inventive use of seasonings, good food. (To be honest, service was kind of so-so, but it was lunch!)<BR><BR>Hi Chris! Didn't try the one you're recommending, but maybe I can get there later this year.<BR><BR>Gosh, I adore Roma!<BR><BR>BC

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 04:09 PM
richardab

I recommend the Antica Enoteca for a great glass of wine (lots of choices), nice salads, cheeses and antipasti platters. very good and reasonable! I have pics and info on my websight...<BR><BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab<BR><BR>