Reload this Page >

Restaurant Guide??

Search

Restaurant Guide??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 12:45 PM
isabel

Restaurant Guide??

Does anyone know of a restaurant guide for Italy? Something like a Zagats? I am looking for suggestions for Florence, Venice, Rome and Milan. I would like to purchase a Zagat's type of book to carry with me.

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 01:47 PM
Rex

Gambero Rosso is sometimes considered the Zagat's or Michelin for Italy, and they have a guidebook for Rome - - <BR> <BR>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...002835-9603035 <BR> <BR>on Amazon. <BR> <BR>But do a search on Yahoo or google for Gamerbo rosso and restaurant guide Italy and you will read a spectrum of opinions comparing this to other restaurant guide resources. Apparently not universally respected. Not sure what that's all about. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 01:23 AM
Gar

Hi there, <BR>if You are interested in upper class restaurant which are no trurist traps, take a look at: <BR> <BR>www.jre.net

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 01:51 AM
Ursula

THE restaurant guide for Italy is "Veronelli". However, I do not know whether there is an English version of it. It's for rather upscale places though.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 06:37 AM
elaine

Before my recent return trip to Venice, I purchased a small yellow book called <BR>"Time for Food Venice", published by Thomas Cook. I believe there are versions for other major cities. I loved this little book. Pithy little comments about many restaurants, plus shopping and cultural information in a pocket-sized book. <BR>The other resource I highly recommend is this Fodor's website. Check out the Rants and Raves restaurant section, as well as doing a search on this forum for <BR>Rome and Milan restaurants. The Timeout.com/Rome website also has many restaurant comments, by categores of price, location, and cuisine.

Old Jun 15th, 2003, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttt