restaurant choice in Venice

Apr 27th, 2001, 08:17 PM
Vickie

restaurant choice in Venice

We are going to Venice to board a cruise in mid May and will have two nights for dinner before cruising. We love food and would like at least one excellent dinner (regional cuisine) in an interesting setting. We got four suggestions: Grand Canal in Monaco Hotel, Hotel Gritti,Hotel Cipriani,La Caravella. We are staying on San Marco and would like a place not too difficult to go to. Which would you recommend, or other better ones?

Apr 27th, 2001, 10:50 PM
Joe

Use the search function on this board for information on Al Covo, Da Fiore and Vinni da Gigio. All are excellent and convenient to San Marco.

Apr 28th, 2001, 03:17 AM
Susan

Vickie,
I'm pretty sure that I've actually read 4 page postings on here titled "my favorite restaurants in Venice..." as well...so you should be able to get a lot of info using "search."

Apr 28th, 2001, 04:00 AM
nospam

Search for da fiore. Every one of the good threads on venice restaurants mentions this place.

Apr 28th, 2001, 08:50 AM
marianne

Try DaIvo--It' fabulous

May 2nd, 2001, 07:49 PM
frank

Venice restaurants are many so I would stay close to St Marks even though your getting the tourist prices. Try not to go for the "fixed price" menus. Learn a little Italian for the restaurants and they'll love you for it. The Grand Canal in Monaco Hotel, Hotel Gritti are both excellenct but bring your wallet.$$$$$ Another top spot with a great view of the canal is in the hotel Daniella, right on the canal past, take a left past the dodges palace.

Buon appetito!

May 2nd, 2001, 10:21 PM
Rex

Topped numerous threads for you.

Best wishes,

Rex