Reload this Page >

Residence des Arts Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Ally

What do you think..is this a good place to stay in Paris? It was not on my list. In fact, I've seen nothing on this hotel! I contacted Pariserve.com and asked about the Millesime. I told them I wanted a double with A/C and a window that opens, private bath, in the 6th....and they suggested this hotel that I've not heard of. Anyone stayed here? Thanks

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Linda

Could that be because they do not deal with the Millesime and want to steer you to their hotel, the des Arts? Look it up online, get a guidebook and see what they say, in addition to what you get from this site...the best way to research hotels is through as many recommedations,rants,reviews as you can.Have you not gotten a recommendation from anyone you know, just to start with? Looking through the posts here, you will see some hotels that are regularly recommended...

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 07:25 AM
mariacallas

I did a search on my bookmarks - just for you <BR><BR>http://www.millesimehotel.com/bewax/US/promo.html

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Surlok

Ally,<BR><BR>I'm prettty sure of having read good reviews on the Residence des Arts here, on this board.<BR><BR>Unfortunately, although I got many results using the search function, I couldn't actually read them-- Fodoes software is again not totally functional, since when I click on the results, I get a "bad request". Too bad, Fodors... this is not helpful. I hope you get it fixed soon...<BR><BR>Surlok<BR><BR>

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Ally

The Millesime is on the web site for Pariserve.com. Perhaps they are booked for the dates I need, but I wish they would have said so! I have now given her several other hotels that are on our list and am waiting a reply. I HAVE looked at guide books and at this site serveral times to come to my choices, and I've seen nothing about Residence Des Arts, so I was hoping I'd get some info here. Thanks again!

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Ursula

Ally hello! Are you thinking of Hotel Saint-Andr?-des-Arts, 66, Rue Saint-Andr?-des-Arts, 6th.?<BR>Well, that's a *very* basic one-star place. No AC, rather noisy pedestrian street. Very popular with budget people.<BR>Have not heard of a Residence with THAT name, sorry.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Ursula

Oh, sorry about the "?s". When I type in a French "e" with an accent aigu, it makes a question mark! Funny, this was not the case before.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Liam

I have heard of this place and was ready to book my stay for this upcoming April. My Paris trip is now on hold.<BR><BR>Anyhow, a colleague of mine stayed there on her firts trip to Paris this past February and said she could not imagine staying anywhere else. She thought it was very nice (small, but nice) and was very convenient and had a very friendly and helpful staff.<BR><BR>I have a web address somewhere and will post it when I locate it (although it may just be the pariserve website).

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 08:28 AM
Liam

That should have been "on her first trip" (sorry for the typo).<BR><BR>Here's the URL: http://www.pariserve.tm.fr/hotel/res...ts/english.htm

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Ally

Ursula, this hotel is different that the one you're thinking of. This Residence des Arts is at 14, rue Git-le-Coeur. <BR>Liam, Pariserve sent me their link to the hotel, but it doesn't have much information. <BR>BUT, it looks like it MAY not matter, They have now gotten back to me with prices and avails for Millesime and Le Regent, which were on my 'top' list. Does anyone know the difference in what you get at these hotels for the price? The Millesime quote was for 170euros for a double or 185euros for a superior double.<BR>The Le Regent, 121.90 or 182.94 for superior. That's quite a difference. What do you get for the extra dollars?<BR>I also got quotes for Grand Hotel Univers at 165euros (no superiors). What do you think? I need to reserve today. Thanks again!

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Christina

I have heard several comments from people who stayed there who liked it very much; it's supposed to be a nice 4-star hotel and it's very centrally located. I thought it was all suites, so many who want a kitchenette might like it. I think I read a comment once from someone in their smallest room on the ground floor who said it was a bit cramped. They do have their own web site which might say more: http://www.residence-des-arts.com<BR>That hotel has an illustrious history.<BR>Don't know the difference in those hotels, but if you are booking superior, they are almost identical rates.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Patrick

I can speak only to the question about Le Regent on Dauphine. The higher rate (about 55$US more) for the "luxury" room<BR>buys you two full twin beds rather than a standard double size bed which I believe all the standard rooms have. It also gets you a lot more space and storage. The luxury rooms are pretty spacious by Paris standards, the standard rooms are very small. The luxury rooms also have large bathrooms, nicely equipped, the ones I have had have been all marble, but some may be tile. And I believe that all the luxury rooms are to the front of the hotel -- much brighter and lighter -- usually with two sets of French windows, double paned so there is no noise from the busy street. At least that is the type room I always request, am guaranteed, and get.<BR>I am also somewhat familiar with Residence des Arts, which is on rue Git-le-coeur, right off Saint Andres des Arts, just around the corner from St. Michel. It seems like some of you are talking about the same hotel, but I believe there is another one somewhere else in Paris. Don't believe there is one actually on St. Andres des Arts -- but this one is right at the corner of it. It is a wonderful hotel with huge rooms, mainly sort of junior or full suites and all have small kitchens. They are beautifully furnished and the small hotel is charming. I had hoped to stay there this next summer, but when the price for their room went to 1650 FF per night as opposed to the 1200 FF for the luxury room at Le Regent, I chose Le Regent for a full week once again.<BR>Look at Residence des Arts web site -- www,residence-des-arts.com

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Meg

Ally - Patrick is right on about Le Regent. The room in the front of the hotel are large (1150FF) and the rooms in back are smaller (750FF) which is quite a bargain in that area of Paris. I have friend who have stayed in the rear rooms and said they had lovely bathrooms, the only difference being the size of the room.<BR><BR>I just returned from Paris in mid-September and stayed at the Millesime. We had a superior double (1150 FF) - the same as Le Regent. The room was very large with extremely high ceilings. It faced rue Jacob with a large double window which we could open and did. It was a quiet street. The bathroom was beautiful and also had a double window which faced the other direction and where we could see the tower of St. Germaine church. It was a perfect location although Le Regent was just a few minutes away, also in a great location. <BR><BR>When are you traveling? I understand the Millesime is running specials as are most of Paris hotels this time of year.<BR><BR>Good Luck

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Surlok

Ally,<BR><BR>Regarding the hotels you mentioned,Grand H. de L'Univers, Millesime, and Le Regent, I haven't stayed in any of them, but you can read more reviews at:<BR><BR>http://www.paris.org/Hotels/hotel.cgi?7618210507180507150918050405201521181977 75707076<BR><BR>http://digital.france.com/hotels/hoteldetails.ihtml?HotelID=416<BR><BR>http://digital.france.com/hotels/hoteldetails.ihtml?HotelID=9471<BR><BR>http://www.hotelboulevard.com/fr/paris/standard/htmld4fffb9f9d049997b386ead3a684b481/sessionLang/ANG/htlcode/202/hotel.html<BR><BR>http://digital.france.com/hotels/hoteldetails.ihtml?HotelID=9377<BR><BR>http://www.paris.org/Hotels/hotel.cgi?767118210504012116080914057775707076<BR> <BR><BR>As far as location is concerned, they are all very central , Rue Jacob being maybe the quieter, and the reviews on the Millesime, the most eloquent.<BR><BR>Good luck, whatever you choose,<BR><BR>Surlok

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 04:04 PM
mariacallas

Here's the story on the Millesime. The last time I went to Paris, I had about a day to burn and I went to about 15 hotels in the rue Jacob area that looked in my price range. Millesime was out of my range but they gave me a great deal since I was staying for almost two weeks. My daughter and I felt very safe and yes, a little luxurious there. <BR><BR>There are probably others just as nice, I just don't know of them.