Reload this Page >

reserving by email

Search

reserving by email

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Phil

reserving by email

Already reserved hotels via email, sent credit card info, and recevied confirmations. Is it necessary to reconfirm again before leaving for Europe?

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Vita

I would, yes. In fact, I reserved a B&B for May back in February and, since it was so long ago, just e-mailed them to confirm that everything was OK so I'd have time to do something about it if they lost the reservation. Probably too anal, but they didn't seem to mind.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Joanne

Phil: I think it depends on when you are leaving. I reserved our hotels in Italy months in advance, so have just reconfirmed all of them in the last week. We leave in just under two weeks. Don't know if it is necessary or not, but for my peace of mind it was. Incidentally, since most of the prices quoted initially were in lira I requested they reconfirm the price in euro.<BR><BR>I have copies of all the e-mails (the initial confirmations and the recent reconfirmations) from the hotels and will take them with me.<BR><BR>j

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:23 AM
bettyk

I am in the process of doing the hotel reconfirmations for our trip in May since I made all the reservations back in October and November. Will certainly make me feel better to know everything is in order before I leave.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:27 AM
a--z

Do print out copies of your confirmation and bring them with you.<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Dawn

I used to always print out the e-mail confirmations and take them along with me, but I have a new tactic that I plan on using for this trip. I have saved all my confirmation e-mails in a separate folder in my hotmail account and since all my hotels have internet access and my hotmail information is available worldwide, I will not access the e-mail confirmations unless I run into trouble. Saves me from carrying around all those papers.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Dallas

Dawn, what a super idea! That's exactly what I will do.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Joanne

Hope the computer's not down if there are problems. What hassle is 3-4 small papers?<BR><BR>j