Reload this Page >

Reservations for Neuschwanstein?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 12:04 AM
k

Does anyone know if we can make reservations for the castle? <BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:18 AM
Rex

Never heard of such a thing. Certainly couldn't be done in 1996. The key is to stay nearby the night before, and get there early, in my opinion. <BR>

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:27 AM
Ed

First come, first serve only. Get there early, early, and you won't have much of a wait.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 03:38 AM
Bill

My understanding is that they now have "time tickets". You line up and get a ticket for a particular time to enter. If you get there early enough, you go right in. Otherwise you explore around for a while and wait your turn.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 04:41 AM
Russ

<BR> <BR>You can use the following site to order tickets: <BR> <BR>http://www.ticket-center-hohenschwan...ish/eindex.htm <BR> <BR>I've never used this service, but it sounds like a good idea if you must go to N'stein. <BR> <BR>FYI, there are scores of other more historically significant castles scattered around Germany, real castles that were really lived in and were besieged by real invading hordes (as opposed to swarms of post-war tourist hordes, the only invaders of N'stein) and that make for a much easier visit. Here's a website with a photos and brief histories for a good number of them, if you're curious. <BR> <BR>www.roadstoruins.com <BR> <BR>Russ

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:18 AM
bo_jack

Bill is correct. The tickets which we got three weeks ago was for a specific time and language group tour. You still will need to line up to buy the ticket(now located down near the parking lots), and you will need to show up/line up at the castle entrance slightly before the scheduled time. However, once purchased, the time slot is fixed -- so you are not waiting in lines for too long a time.