Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Reservations at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon: Oui ou Non?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a splurge Michelin-starred lunch in Paris, I've settled on L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in the 7th. From its inception it has had 2 very unusual policies for Paris: No smoking (yes!!) and No reservations (too bad).

Now I hear that they have begun to take reservations, but I can't confirm via their website (www.robuchon.com) because no matter which link I hit, I get only Japanese lang. No help there. I've made multiple attempts.

Anybody know whether they now take reservations?

Old Aug 9th, 2006, 11:55 AM

They take reservations but only for the first seating as far as I know.

You can make them online at reservethebest...but not this month. They must be on vacation or something since booking isn't available until Sept. Reserve the best , not Rubuchon
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 12:02 PM

Just so you are aware, L'Atelier is a very "atypical" Michelin-starred restaurant, where we sat at a counter and ate very small portions (all excellent), but very different than my experiences at more traditional Michelin-starred restaurants (and in France, I have only eaten at Taillevant and Paul Bocuse).

Fyi, one of the cover stories in the Dining section of today's New York Times in on the L'Atelier opening next week in the Four Seasons hotel.
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

funny about the nytimes: i subscribe on sundays but bought one today to read about ned lamont's win over lieberman, so it's in the next room! i'll read the 'dining' section with interest now. thanks.
and yes, i know it's a sit-at-the-counter. thanks for the tip for on-line reservations, too. i'm going for lunch. does 'first seating' mean i have to reserve at 11:00 a.m.?
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 08:10 PM

"First Seating" is 6PM.

My recommendation would be to wander by and take a look at the menu and the interior (wall to wall windows). Note: Whenever I've wandered by, there's been no wait for seats...

Or, wait until September and reserve on www.reservethebest.com

Though, I would still recommend checking out the menu ahead of time, just to be sure you find the offerings appealing.

There are more and more "no smoking" restaurants in Paris. And, I've noticed over the last few years that there is much less smoking in the fancier restaurants.
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Pont Royal last Oct (rest. is next door.) One rainy we just wondered in about 7 pM. Had the 95 Euro tasting menu... which my husband is still talking about. I had two helpings of the famous mashed potatoes. YUM. Reservations were only for the first seating at 6. We were there a week and I diidn't notice crowds waiting in the street at any time.
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

As always, thanks to all. Dinner is not an option, however; it's strictly lunch. I guess I will just show up at 12 noon with no reservation, and what will be will be.

Old May 16th, 2007, 01:53 AM
bdj

I've been attempting to make a reservation on reservethebest for Robuchon for this September but only get the "form not valid" reply. Anyone have an idea as to the rationale for that response? I've registered for the site and appear to have each field filled as requested. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to confirm this registration online...
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:59 AM

reservethebest no longer is serviced and changed to bestrestaurantsparis.com

or http://tinyurl.com/2lhsox

there you go...Bon Appetit
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:12 AM

I made my reservations through my hotel a few weeks in advance of my dinner there. If all else fails, you can try that, or perhaps try doing it through the Hotel Pont Royale where the restaurant is located.
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:23 AM

We ate there last summer; it is a very atypical experience, but we loved it! Food is excellent. It is hip rather than couture.

I'd go back, so try to get your reservation,. We had 6pm reservations ( we usually like to eat after 9pm, so this was weird for us in Paris), but nonetheless, it was great!