Reload this Page >

reservations at Casa Botin in Madrid

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 03:27 PM
Shaun Bawden

How far in advance can one make reservations at Casa Botin on Calle Cuchilleros in Madrid for dinner?

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 09:46 PM
Bjorn Alvik

Hi, Shaun. <BR>Some guides claim that reservation is not possible at that place, but that is not true. In '98 I went to Madrid with my Company, and we reserved 2 tables at Casa Botin some 3-4 months ahead. I suggest you call them at once and ask. <BR>Anyway, the restaurant is a pearl and a must for steak lovers and Madrid visitors. <BR>Bjorn, Norway

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 02:52 AM
Bjorn Alvik

Sorry, Shaun. <BR>I really made a fool of myself. I was thinking about Casa Paco, a bit further down the street. Famous for steaks. <BR>We was at Casa Botin also. Reservation was made 3-4 months ahead at that place, too. <BR>Bjorn

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 04:04 AM
Patrick

We were in Madrid for three days in September. Upon arriving we walked to Botin and asked about making reservations for that night. It was full. We asked if we could have lunch then. It was also full and they would not even take our name for a wait list (it was then about 12:30 and we thought we'd hang around for an hour or two and have lunch -- no luck). In fact, they could not take a reservation from us for the entire three nights or three days lunches. So I suggest you call now and make the reservation. Then recheck about a week ahead to reconfirm. <BR>We were able to eat at Botin's wonderful restaurant in Toledo at the Hotel Cardinal. It was superb!

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 04:53 AM
Paulo

We arrived in Madrid on a Sunday afternoon in late July for a 6-night stay. After checking in we tried to get a reservation at Botin for any of the 6 nights we were supposed to be there to no avail. <BR> <BR>On Monday evening, we were at Corte Ingles department store in Plaza Callao till its closing hours (10pm). We then strolled around, planning to have some tappas at Plaza Mayor. Once this was very close to the Botin, we decided that there would be not much to it to hop in for a look. This was shortly before 11pm. We asked if by any chance they had a free table. "Without reservations, no way ..." was the answer. As soon as he completed the sentence, a couple sitting at the corner table in the ground floor stood up to leave ... "oops, you just got your table". Later on, in the same floor, 2 more parties without reservations were seated down (one of them after midnight which supposedly is Botin's closing time. We ended our dinner around 1 am. <BR> <BR>Do as Patrick recommends! If anything goes wrong and unless dining late is a definite no no for you, just show up around 11pm to check what's up! <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 07:50 AM
Liz

Shaun,Went to Botins about 5 years ago and it was great! I made reservations from our home base in Alicante about 1 week prior to arriving in Madrid. It was a magical night! Great atmosphere, superb food, the waiters were amazing, and they treated our 2 young girls like little queens! Don't forget to pick up a souvenir ceramic jug on your way out, it always reminds me of that wonderful night! Have fun!

Old Dec 6th, 2000, 05:26 PM
rharris

We went to Madrid, November 2000. We were able to get reservations for Botin the same day. I'd recommend you don't bother. There was nothing exceptional about the food and it had the feel of a tourist joint.