Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

RER near Hôtel de l'Espérance or Hôtel Monge?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be going to Paris in September. It will part of a three-week trip in the southwestern part of France that will also include the Montpellier, Carcassonne, Collioure and Perpignan areas.

Does anyone know if Hôtel de l'Espérance and Hôtel Monge are within walking distance of an RER station?

Many thanks,

Ginny
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 06:14 PM

It's a bit of a hike to RER-Luxembourg or RER-St Michel (about a kilometer). But you're about 2 blocks or less from a metro stop (Place Monge) which will put you into the system...

www.ratp.com
www.mappy.com
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 01:04 PM

I stayed at Hotel de l'Esperance and took the bus from the RER station (Port Royal, I believe). It took no more than 10 minutes. The bus stop is a 5 minute walk (if even)to the hotel. Nice, clean hotel at a very good price. It was 84E in September of 2003 for a double with bath.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Travelnut and sfarah. I also appreciate the positive comment about Hôtel de l'Espérance. I've stayed at the Monge before but I used taxis to and from CDG. This time, I'd like to use the RER.

Ginny
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 04:08 PM

We stayed at Hotel Monge in 2003 and walked to the property from St. Michel/Notre Dame station (RER station). It was a bit of a walk with heavy luggage, but we had no idea that we could have gotten there much quicker going on to the Place Monge station which is less than a half block away from the hotel. Actually, I think it might have been Cardinal Lemoine station, but I don't recall exactly.

At any rate, we took the metro from the station that was very near and changed trains to the RER back to CDG when we departed and it was quite easy with much less walking with our baggage.

We enjoyed the hotel, location, price and ammenities and plan to stay there again in the future.