Reload this Page >

Renting Cell phones

Search

Renting Cell phones

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 02:04 PM
duke

Renting Cell phones

CAN YOU RENT CELL PHONES IN SPAIN (malaga)???

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Jonathan

Yes. Check out onspanishtime.com They're based in Madrid but deliver anywhere in Spain. My wife and I got the dual package of two phones for $50 from them. You can rent a single for $35/week

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:55 AM
duke

Thanks Jonathan.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Maria

Duke,<BR><BR>I can second Jonathon's experience with Onspanishtime.com. We rented two cell phones for two weeks and the pickup and delivery at the airport was very helpful. Jeremy, the owner, was very accomodating. We had some technical problems with one of the phones the last couple of days and he gave us a no-hassle refund for those days.<BR><BR>Excellent!<BR><BR>Maria

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Martine

Have you already visited jer's talkforum ?http://www.multimadrid.com/cgi-bin/j...ultimatebb.cgi

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 03:15 PM
duke

Thanks for the tips. Can I assume that when I get to Malaga there will be lots of options to rent a cell?

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Ferdinand

Is it not cheaper to buy a cell phone?

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 03:44 PM
XXX

Absotively posilutely

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Jonathan

That depends Ferdinand. If you are only going for a week, dishing out $50 for 2 phones is better than paying $250 Now, if you plan on staying for 1 month or go to anywhere in Europe often or yearly then buying an unlocked cell phone is cheaper.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Kim

Rent A Phone based in London is 6.00 a day and will send to your house free for standard three day delivery. When you get back from your trip just send it back in the package they provide. Or if you are going to London you can pick it up at the airport.

Old Apr 26th, 2004, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for all the kudos on my service all.

i agree with jonathan, it is not always cheaper to buy a phone.

a few years back when all the cell cos. here in spain were fighting the vicious battle to win over clients, the cell prices were dirt-cheap but those good old days are over and now all the cell companies in spain are trying to get all their pre-pay cell clients to move to contract lines, hence no more sweet deal on pre-paid cell phones (with the possible exception of xmas deals).

saludos,
jer...
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 09:48 AM

p.d. duke, i know you are surely back from your trip by now but you wrote...

____
&quot;Message: Thanks for the tips. Can I assume that when I get to Malaga there will be lots of options to rent a cell?&quot;
____

no! i work in the field and know of NOBODY who rents out of malaga.

saludos,
jer...

Old Apr 26th, 2004, 09:51 AM

Are there similar services in other countries? I'll be in Italy for 3 weeks and never thought of getting a phone - but that might be very helpful!
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 02:52 AM

hi jamocha, not sure where you are from but if u.s.a., there are tons of cell phone rental companies there that will provide you with a rental phone for italy. try a search on google for &quot;cell phone rental italy&quot; or similar.

they are a bit expensive as the ones that use roaming networks have $1-3$ minute incoming and outgoing call rates and the ones who use local italian cell networks (TIM network in italy), make you buy an italian SIM card separatley and they are expensive. do some searches and you will see how it all works.

Onspanishtime.com mentioned above by Jonathan provides the spanish SIM card included in the phone so you do not have to pay extra for it as you do with other services but Onspanishtime only deals with spain cell rentals.

saludos &amp; good luck,
jer...