Reload this Page >

Renting a motorscooter in Rome/Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Brian

Does anyone know where I can rent a motorscooter when I get to Rome or Florence and about how much it will cost. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Brian

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 11:25 AM
wrs

Check out www.iwannacommitsuicide.com

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 11:28 AM
rich

Might also check out www.organdoner.it

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 03:50 PM
fred

the 2 threads have a diffinite message and correctly so. unless you are familiar with the city lay outs of roma and firenze and have ridden a scotter there you are taking your health in you hands and stand a good chance of becomming another statistic. splat maybe you shpould rethink your position on this matter

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Rex

Awfully judgmental of "us", isn't this? We don't know anything about Brian or his needs. He may be an aspiring Vespa dealer (yes, they have come back to America again - - see www.piaggiousa.com for more info) for all we know, and highly experienced in riding one through who-knows-what-kind-of traffic all the time? <BR> <BR>Anyhow, www.about.com doesn't think the question is silly. They list the following source - - www.oikos.org/hostrentals.htm - - who in turn provide the following information (bike rentals, and other useful info, too): <BR> <BR>Scooters for rent Via della Purificazione, 84 (Center) Tel. 4885485 <BR> <BR>Scoot-a-long Via Cavour, 302 (Esquilino) Tel. 6780206 <BR> <BR>Rent a scooter Via Filippo Turati, 50 (Termini) Tel. 4469222 - Lit. 29 000 per day. Guided , scooter in English available as well. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 05:56 PM
richardab

check out <BR> <BR>www.areunuts.com <BR> <BR>this is something i wouldn't advise.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 06:07 PM
Rex

I just think this is insanely close-minded. For all we know, Brian is a Parisian, who grew up riding his scooter all over Paris, now living in Milan riding one everyday, and wants one to ride with friends when he vists them in the cities he mentions. <BR> <BR>Answer the questions people ask, not the questions you think they should be asking. <BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Brian

Thanks for the information and sarcasim! I am looking to not ride in the city, but to get out in the country a bit on my own. <BR> <BR>I assumed that little towns would not have a rental shop and that it would be best to rent one in a city.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 05:02 PM
dirk

Rex: PLEASE stop lecturing! Brian appears to be perfectly capable of clarifying his own situation.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 05:27 PM
enuf

Rex, Rex, Rex....what are we going to do with you? Why don't you take long rest? <BR>Actually, the people you are criticizing have given Brian some damned good advice!

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 06:31 PM
XXX

Brian, have you ever been to Italy before? If so, you know what you're in for. Personally, I would never, ever recommend that someone rent a scooter in Rome, even if they are seasoned drivers. Walking in that city is dangerous enough. Don't get me wrong... I LOVED Rome, but I would never ride a scooter there!

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 04:51 AM
pam

Ok...so Rex gives a little "sermon" along with the answer to Brian's original question. So what? <BR>At least he answered his question. <BR>Lately, I've been noticing alot of mean -spiritedness on these forums and people posting ridiculous questions. <BR>Can't all THOSE people take a break? it's like they have nothing better to do than torment us all. <BR>Rex at least has information to offer.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 07:23 AM
dann

The guy is asking WHERE he can rent a motorscooter not SHOULD HE rent a motor scooter. Please just answer his questions if you have answers and keep YOUR opinions to yourself - who are you to lecture the dos and donts of life???

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Capo

Hi Brian. My girlfriend & I were going to rent one when we were there a few months ago, but on the day we were going to do it, it was raining, so we decided against it. The place we found was a few blocks east of the Vatican Museums, but I can't remember the name or street. <BR> <BR>Anyway, here's a website, with a rate chart, for a place near Piazza Barberini: <BR> <BR>http://www.eol.net.mt/scooterrent/ <BR> <BR>I'm with dann, and Rex, on this one. Brian's asking where he can rent a motorscooter, not whether he should rent one or not. <BR> <BR>This reminds me, again, of the infamous "Getting laid in Europe" thread where a few people felt compelled to lecture the questioner about the risks and/or immorality of casual sex, rather than answer his question.