Reload this Page >

RENFE Madrid to Lisbon

Search

RENFE Madrid to Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 06:12 AM
aj

RENFE Madrid to Lisbon

I am using the RENFE website and trying to find the cost of a ticket from Madrid to Lisbon, Portugal. I can find the time table which apparently departs Madrid 22:45 and arrives in Lisbon 8:15. Has anyone taken this train? Can anyone tell me how to pull up the cost of the ticket on the website? Thanks for any help.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Geoff Hamer

When you have found the train, click on "Precios" (Prices) and that brings a screen listing international trains. The one to Lisboa is the Trenhotel Lusitania and the prices depend on the type of overnight accommodation.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Geoff Hamer

I forgot to mention that I have used the train, but it was about 20 years ago when the sleeping cars were over 50 years old and heated by coal stoves. I think it's changed a lot since then.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:35 AM
aj

Geoff,<BR><BR>Thanks for your reply. I am doing what you say but I still do not see a price quoted. I see the train type and departure and arrival time. I guess I will have to call them.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Geoff Hamer

Another way to get to the fares is to click on "trayectos internacionales" on the main menu. This brings up a screen describing the international trains from Spain. Click on "Trenhotel Lusitania" to get the Madrid-Lisboa fares.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Geoff Hamer

It looks as though the fares are only shown in Spanish. From the first screen, click on "Viajes", then "trayectos internacionales" as above.