Regensburg over long layover in Munich?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2023, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone! We have flights booked from Charlotte to Bucharest with a layover in Munich in early April. That layover was originally 6 hours long but our flight from MUC to OTP was cancelled and our new itinerary now includes a 13-hour layover in Munich. We've been to Munich many times, mostly recently last May, so we prefer to spend the day elsewhere. It looks like there are direct 90-minute (approximate) train rides from the airport to Regensburg, so we are considering spending our day there. I don't know much about the city, but it looks lovely and interesting in photos. Just trying to get opinions from those who have been there. Is there enough to do to keep us entertained for 5-6 hours? Any other suggestions for daytrips from Munich?

Our flight departs MUC at 9:30 pm, if that helps. And I'm aware that it may take a while to get out of the airport and that we need to be back in plenty of time.

Last edited by tcreath; Mar 8th, 2023 at 06:32 AM.
Old Mar 8th, 2023, 01:13 PM

It's been a really long time since I've been to Regensburg and Munich but I remember learning about (and then ultimately going and experiencing) the world's oldest sausage kitchen. It dates back to the 12th century and has been on the same site forever. Regenburg is also a UNESCO-listed city, quite beautiful. You can always learn about German cities by googling the city name + .de (so www.regenburg.de), and pull down the little UK flag for English (top right-hand corner).

Lavandula
Old Mar 8th, 2023, 03:34 PM

By all means go to Regenburg. It's a very interesting town, with a fine cathedral. If you're lucky, the boy choir The Sparrows might be giving a concert. There are excellent bakeries and chocolate shops...