Reentry after expiration of titre de sejour

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2023, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am Japanese. I have now a titre de sejour (passeport talent), which will be expired on 31 Jan 2024. But I want to extend my stay to two month by using Schengen rule, in order to do my research in the current institute. I got two month convention d'accueil but it can not be used for the renewal of titre de sejour.

So, I will leave France on 31 Jan 2024, to enter UK. Then, after 2 Feb 2024, I will reenter France. To do so, just in case, I will prepare [1] convention d'accueil for two month [2] invitation letter written by my institute, [3] return airticket on March to Japan.

In the avobe, is it possible to safely reenter France ? Could you advice me please. For example, additional document, another way to extension of my stay, your experience, or official announcement of the Schengen rule for my case.
Old Nov 1st, 2023, 09:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I doubt you should trust any of us to provide this information that would be safe. Contact your local embassy/consulate.
Old Nov 1st, 2023, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you your reply. I contacted my local embassy but they answered they can not provide me with the definitive answer. So I would like to collect the experiences and practically what going on.

Last edited by isho0202; Nov 1st, 2023 at 10:10 AM.
Old Nov 1st, 2023, 10:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I would think that you have the right to visit the Schengen area (including France) for 3 months after the expiration of your visa. Two totally different matters.