Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Recommended hotels near Paris Odeon Metro Station?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Louise

My husband and I are planning a two-to-three week trip to Paris in late May/early June. After much research on the different areas of the city as well as for logistical purposes, we have determined that we would like a hotel in close proximity the Odeon Metro station (that is, within just a few minutes walk). We would greatly appreciate any hotel recommendations in the two or three star range. We're looking to spend anywhere from 500 to 800 FF. Our main desires in a hotel, in addition to close proximity to Odeon, are (not in any order): <BR> <BR>1. Quiet enough to get a good night's sleep. <BR>2. Friendly, helpful staff. <BR>3. Clean. <BR>4. With a bathroom. <BR>5. Not worn-out looking. <BR> <BR>We're not seeking a grand palace, but we would like an attractive place that will be comforting to us at the end of the day. <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance! <BR> <BR>Louise <BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 03:10 PM
Randy

Louise: <BR> <BR>For the last two years I have stayed at the Hôtel Résidence Monge, 55 rue Monge, 75005 Paris. The hotel is in the Latin Quarter area and not far Odéon Metro area. The rates are 450F to 580F for a double. The rooms have there own bath with tub or shower, hair dryer and elect. hook-up for american appliances. Small refigerater in room. <BR>Desk and wardrobe. Rooms are not large. The rooms view either the street on the front and a very nice view of the Arènes de Lutèce from the rooms on the rear. Breakfast is 38F and is more than adaquate. There is an elevator. I found Julie (she speaks excellent english) at the front desk to be most helpful with all of my needs. There are two metro stops VERY near the hotel, Cardinal Lemoine & Place Monge. Only a couple blocks away from rue Mouffetard which is lined with a wide varity of resturants. Down the block and across the street there was a very nice mini-supermarket called Shoppe. Go to www.parishotels.com and go to the hotel section for more information and pictures of the hotel. If I remember correctly Odéon metro was only two short metro stops from Cardinal Lemoine.

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 10:06 PM
richardab

Although I haven't stayed there there is a quaint hotel called the Hotel de l'OdŽon on St Sulpice. Here where you can see some pics of it on the web.... <BR> <BR>http://www.pariserve.com/odeon/english.htm <BR> <BR>or <BR> <BR>http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75006odeon2.htm <BR> <BR>There is also the H™tel LOUIS II on Saint-Sulpice which has good rates. <BR> <BR>http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75006louis.htm <BR> <BR>Good Luck

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 02:23 AM
arjay

The highly praised (on this site) Hotel des Grande Balcons is near the Odeon stop, I'm quite sure - as you can see the Odeon from the hotel windows. We stayed here two years ago and found it much to our liking...(I think my post on the hotel may have been the first of what's now many mentions here). You should be able to come up with some other comments via a search. Good luck!

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Steve

We stayed at the Hotel St. Paul, 43 rue Monsigneur(sp?) le Prince about two weeks ago. It's two blocks from the Odeon Station. Clean, charming small hotel with helpful staff. Hotel dog & cat in residence. Some rooms are very small. Rooms 13 & 14 are a good size. I'm sure there are others. Our room overlooked the street but was quiet. I think Hotel St. Paul is in your price range. We booked it as part of an airline package.

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 12:51 PM
kathy

Louise, <BR> <BR>We also stayed at the Hotel St. Paul recently (November 2000) and would higly recommend it. The hotel is located on rue Monsieur le Prince, about three blocks from the Odeon stop. We had room #35 which was one of their Superior doubles facing the street; it was usually very quiet at night. The room was definitely larger than their regular doubles and had plenty of room for two people. The bathroom was on the small side but the great water pressure and cleanliness (I think it was newly renovated) more than made up for it. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel since there were so many nice cafes nearby. I also really liked having a cat and dog on the premises because they made the place seem less formal and more homey. I also thought that the staff was very helpful in making all kinds of arrangements. I htink that the hotel can also make arrangements for the airport shuttle if necessary.

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Shelley

Louise, I may be staying there and read some posts about a cigarette smell in the hotel. Did you smell it? Maybe you have to be a non smoker? Also do you know anything about the rooms on the top floor? I wanted rooms on the top floor for air conditioning.Also I read a post that said there was a "cat smell in the breakfast room. Anyone have comments?

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Thyra

Louise, I always stay at Grand Hotel des Balcons, on a quiet side street near the Odeon and the Luxembourg Gardens. It's under $100.00 well decorated, huge b-fest, nice staff, and apparently according to another poster on this board, has rooms with a view of the Eiffel Tower (have yet to stay in one of these) it's a great hotel. I have jpeg photos I can send you if you wish... somehow I lost the URL. <BR>

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 11:50 AM
Sherry

Louise. My husband and I returned from Paris on Feb.1. We stayed on rue Dauphine at Le Regent. The standard rooms are 750FF for a double per night. I picked this hotel because the remarks on the Forum were very good and it was about 1 1/2 blocks from the Odeon Metro stop. It is a busy street, but inside the rooms are very quiet. They are small (the standard rooms) but include a mini refrigerator and a safe. They are also very well maintained and have lovely bathrooms. The staff is very friendly, speaks very good English. The area is very busy with lots of restaurants. On the weekends the rue di Buci has a very nice little market where you can buy even roasted chickens. Also, there is a major supermarket on the street that has just about anything. And it is open on Sunday, which I understand from friends is very unusual in Paris. It was the first time I stayed in this area of Paris and I liked it. There are many threads on this hotel in past threads. Good luck and as someone else said hurry.

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 03:42 PM
Boots

Louise, I spent eight nights at the Saint-Paul early last month. I do not smoke and smelled no smoke there. Nor was there a cat or dog odor. The cat often visited us at night, and spent one entire night on my bed. We called downstairs first to see if it was o.k. that she stay with us. Her name is Sputnik, and I loved having her around. The dog is not always there and does go home at night. I had breakfast there every morning and never once saw Sputnik in the breakfast room. The personnel are very nice and helpful. Breakfast was included in our rate; otherwise I would not have taken it there because the bread is better and the breakfast much cheaper at Paul's at the corner of rue de Seine and rue de Buci. I also like going to Gérard Mulot's patisserie/boulangerie/ deli for breakfast rolls and other goodies. He is at 76, rue de Seine (closed Wednesdays). We had room 52, a twin on the top floor. The only thing I disliked about it was that the windows were quite high and not easy to see anything from. There is an efficient laundry across the street. The hotel is between the Odeon metro stop and the Luxembourg stop. The Boulevard Saint-Michel is only 1 1/2 blocks away as are the Luxembourg Gardens. I will return to the Saint-Paul. Boots Newstrom

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 03:42 PM
Meg

Louise <BR>Take Sherry's advice. Do a search on this site for the hotel. I am also searching for a hotel in Paris. Le Regent has air conditioning, has just been redone. They have two size rooms. Smaller ones with double beds (I believe they face the back) and larger ones with twin beds (facing front). The double bedrooms are 750F and the twins are 1150F. The only difference is the size of the rooms. The bathrooms look gorgeous. Send them an e-mail ([email protected])and ask for a brochure or access them on the web. Look them up at www.hotelboulevard.com or paris.org <BR>Good Luck!