Reload this Page >

Recommendations for Munich and Italy and best route between Munich and Milan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 10:44 AM
Karen

I will be travelling to Europe the first 2 weeks of September and arrive in Munich. I will have 2 days before meeting a friend in Milan. Any suggestions for Munich or a stopover in Switzerand - never been to either. What is the best route - train? Also, plan to spend 10 days in Italy: Milan, Como, Cinque Terre and Tuscany - - any suggestions for things to do, hotels, or restaurants I would appreciate it! <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 10:49 AM
Bob

If you want to stay in Munich the downtown area is worth seeing. The subway can get you there. If you enjoy the mountains it is an easy trip from Munich south to Garmisch. You could stay in that area and explore the Zugspitz, Oberammergau, Linderhof castle, etc. I prefer the smaller towns, so that is up to you. Email me if you want addl info on Garmisch.

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 12:14 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Karen, If you get your car in Germany, <BR>and you should, then drive down to the <BR>Bavaria castle country for the first nite--Oberammergau is a good choice-- <BR>and then drive the Engadine valley from <BR>Landeck to San Moritz and to Lake Como <BR>on your way to Milan.Perhaps your friend <BR>can meet you at Bellagio and start your <BR>Italy time there---it is about an hour norht of Milan. Let me know if you need details for your entire trip, but it is <BR>late for reservations now.

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 06:57 PM
karen

Thanks for the advice. I have decided to stay an evening in Munich and take hte train to Interlaken for a day, then meet my friend in Milan. we are planning to spend a couple days in Como or Bellagio before heading south to Cinque Terre and Florence.

Old Aug 31st, 1999, 05:27 PM
don

In Milan try Papa Francisco's resturant. <BR>From the Dume, go through the Gallerea and turn right. It is in the first block. <BR>You will have a great meal and a good time. Ask for "Paulo"