Reload this Page >

Recent Experiences in Eastern Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 1999, 06:35 PM
denni

A bunch of family & friends, some elderly, some slightly disabled, plan a 5 country visit to E. Europe in Sept. With the current conflict nearby, I'm worried that 1. we may not be safe, and 2. the locals attitude toward Americans may be negative. Has anyone been there recently and could you share your experience? Thanks.

Old May 4th, 1999, 06:47 PM
Mary Ann

Do a search on Hungary and then one on Prague. There were questions about this and responses recently that there were really no problems.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:43 AM
mmmm

denni, you didn't say which e. europ cities you plan to visit. I'm currently an american expat living in slovakia. My favorite travel places so far (I have only lived here for 1 year) prague, budapest, krakow, I'm not wild about bratislava, but kosice is lovely (this is where we live) and the little towns and villages in the tatra mountains are beautiful.Eastern europe is a well kept treasure...cheap but good food, beer and wine. People are friendly but not a lot of English here in kosice, but tourist areas usually have one employee that speaks english. If you need anymore info email me.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 02:41 PM
Maggie

Hello again mmmm!<BR>I would like to take the family I am staying with in Kosice out to dinner one evening.<BR>I am sure that you will have sussed out all the good value eating places and would welcome your suggestions.<BR>I am looking for really traditional, good value eating places where the locals go - any ideas?<BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 02:49 PM
Len Gow

Not long back from Prague and Budapest. Budapest was a great surprise - wonderful city. Little english spoken but people friendly and helpful. Faded grandeur but great to walk around on your own or take one of the city bus or river tours. Prague is very busy with tourists but both cities are worth the effort. Don't see any reason why you would not feel safe.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 02:49 PM
Art

Which countries are you visiting? In the last 3 years I've been to Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, and Romania. Felt very safe in all of them and the people were very friendly. If you were more specific, I could probably answer more questions, or you may email me.<BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:58 PM
Elsa

denni is probably long gone since he/she posted this request May 1999.