Reload this Page >

Reasonable hotel in Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Monique Etchevers

We are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Santorini. Loucas' rate of 32,000 is higher than we want.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 03:22 PM
Ari

Where in Santorini are you staying? When I was there in September, I stayed in Parissa, and there was no problem finding reasonable hotels. I'll have to go home and look at the photos to remember what the place we stayed at was called, though.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Patrick

Was that $16 per night per room or per person? Sounds pretty good to me either way. Or if you meant 320,000, does that include the transfers to and from the hotel (which is definitely worth it)? Loucas is a bargain for what it is, a wonderful hotel with a spectacular setting, good service, and a memorable location. If you aren't concerned with having a nice place or are willing to stay out of the "thick of things" I'm sure there are cheaper places, hopefully someone here can help you.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 08:09 PM
jahoulih

Patrick seems to be converting the price as if it were in lire. Assuming it's in drachmas, it's about $85. I don't think you can do much better than that in a "B" class hotel like the Loucas. I've booked a room for this October at the Melina, a "C" class hotel. I can't tell you how it is yet, since I haven't been there, but the website looks nice (http://www.greekhotel.com/cyclades/s...elina/home.htm), and depending on when you are traveling, the rates may be cheaper. For a double, the rates are 19,000 in April and October, 23,000 in May, June, and September, and 34,000 in July and August (10% discount from these prices for on-line booking).

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Patrick

My face is very red indeed. Didn't you all know they moved Santorini to Italy? Guess I had a brain fart last night! But I still agree with jahoulih, the Loucas is a bargain at that price.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Theodora

<BR>I planned on staying at the Blue Sky Hotel which seems reasonably priced, and got a good review from a fellow Fodorite. Their price is $16,000 until June and $26,000 from July. Both prices include breakfast and transportation to airport/port. Check them out at http://www.unitedhellas.com/tourism/...acilities.html <BR> <BR>