Search

Re Rome hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 10:05 AM
joanne

Re Rome hotels

It is my parents Ruby wedding and I am thinking of paying for them to go to Rome.I was thinking of The Savoy Hotel which looks nice.Has anyone been??

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Judy

Joanne, How nice of you. Which one BTW, is the Ruby? Hope someone can give you some info. <BR> Judy

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 11:05 AM
Frank

Judy: Ruby is the 40th anniversary. But what is BTW?

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 11:10 AM
Meg

BTW= By the way

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 11:21 AM
Book Chick

Joanne, <BR>You may get more postings that answer your question if you title your post <BR> <BR>Savoy Hotel in Rome? <BR> <BR>or something along those lines. Hope this helps & sorry I can't answer this one. <BR>BC <BR> <BR>P.S. Your parents have a very thoughtful daughter! How kind!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Surlok

Joanne, <BR> <BR>I've stayed twice at the Savoy. The first time was seven years ago, the second time, four months ago. It's a very nice hotel, nicely located, an easy walk to Via Veneto ( nearly at the corner), and not far to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. <BR> <BR>The lobby is beautiful, the breakfast is plentiful, although the rooms are being refurbished since I was there for the first time. I guess that the second and fourth floors are already finished, but I'm not sure ( very slow remodeling work-- seven years, and yet not finished!). <BR> <BR>Make sure that you have a remodeled room, the others are a bit ran down. <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR> <BR>S

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 12:27 PM
Deb

Joanne, <BR>I stayed at The Savoy about 3 years ago. We were given a room that was extremely run down and didn't like the hotel at all. For about the same price you should be able to put them at the new Hotel Sofitel Roma, same area, Via Veneto, less than 2 years old and the rooms and service are wonderful. <BR>The major problem with The Savoy is that it's inconsitent in service and accommodations. You never know what you are going to get !! <BR>Deb