Ravello info needed

Apr 20th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Ravello info needed

Is anyone familiar with the following 3 hotels in Ravello--Giordano, Graal and Ristorante Garden?

We really want to stay one night in Ravello to take our time visiting the town along with Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo, but our first choices--Villa Maria and Palazzo Sasso--our booked.
Apr 20th, 2003, 10:19 PM

Giordano has the same owner of Villa Maria.
It's really ggod enough.
Look at their webiste www.giordanohotel.it
Have a nice trip.
Apr 20th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for replying Vicenzo. You are the ultimate resource for the Amalfi Coast!

Just two additional questions: (1) who would you recommend as a private driver from Sorrento to Ravello? and (2) how can I get a list of your restaurant recommendations? Grazie.
Apr 21st, 2003, 05:20 AM

Depending on date you need to go from Sorrento to Ravello, I could bring you by my car: really, no problem. Otherwise there are two very clever and correct drivers that I know: Peppiniello and Marcello.
About my restaurant reccomendations, I just finished to write story regarding this my beloved land and there are, more or less, all restaurants of my reccomendations.
Have a nice trip.
Apr 21st, 2003, 07:43 AM
GAC

The Hotel Giordano has a VERY nice pool(which can be used by guests of the Villa Maria Hotel as well).
Apr 21st, 2003, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I got an email from Vicenzo Palumbo (owner of Villa Maria and Giordano) just last night of an open availability for Villa Maria so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If it is no longer available, I will certainly look forward to booking at Hotel Giardano.

Thanks so much for your kind offer Vicenzo. My wife and I expect to travel from Rome to Sorrento by 12:00 on 21/5/03, and it would be great to have you take us around your beautiful region and especially to your favorite restaurants. Is your e-mail address [email protected]?
Apr 21st, 2003, 11:51 AM

A restaurant that my husband and I loved in Ravello, small family run, is Ristorante Cumpa Cosimo.
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:34 PM

Yes, my e-mail address is [email protected]
Regarding Cumpà Cosimo, sincerely I had problems last time because of a bad plate of egg-plants and their not courtesy with other guests.
I prefer Lorenzo in Scala. Scala is an hamlet on the hill, close to Ravello. Lorenzo cooks his vegetables, only local and fresh fish and some other few dishes and his prices are good.
Ciao.