Reload this Page >

Ravello, ideas, where to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 1998, 10:15 AM
creid

<BR>We are traveling to the Campania in early May, & are looking for your comments. I like the idea of Ravello as home base for our exploits. Anyone have info? <BR> <BR>We appreciate your help!

Old Jan 1st, 1999, 07:38 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

We stayed in Ravello for 3 nites about <BR>12 years ago at the Villa Maria and loved it. However, the road up to the town is precarious and you may be better <BR>off using Positano as a base camp for <BR>day trips---better central location. <BR>You will the entire Amalfi coast, and May is a good time to go.

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 12:45 PM
Marsha

I'd recommend the Villa Amore in Ravello. My sister & I stayed there for 4 or 5 days in spring of '97. We had half-pension. The owners (two elderly sisters) were very nice, as was the entire staff. The food (served by Bruno,delightful, and made by his brother) was delicious and abundant. <BR>It's true that Ravello is a bit out of the way, but so much more peaceful than the rest of the Amalfi Coast, and the views are fabuluous.

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 03:39 PM
Boris Timanovsky

I stayed at Hotel Belvedere Caruso in November 1998. Great view of the Amalfi coast from the room. A very good restaturant, if a bit expensive. I'd go back there at any time. I paid 150,000, but that was low season.

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 05:37 PM
Barbara

<BR>You don't say how long you'll be in the area, but we like to base in Positano (La Fenice is a lover's paradise - see Karen Brown guide) and then spend our last one or two nights in Ravello. Villa Maria, especially if you can afford their best room with large terrace and jacuzzi in bath, is idyllic. By the way, if you'd like some experienced restaurant reservations for the area, e-mail me anytime. You might be too late to get a room at either of the above-mentioned places -- better get on it. Buon Viaggio.

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 05:37 PM
Barbara

<BR>You don't say how long you'll be in the area, but we like to base in Positano (La Fenice is a lover's paradise - see Karen Brown guide) and then spend our last one or two nights in Ravello. Villa Maria, especially if you can afford their best room with large terrace and jacuzzi in bath, is idyllic. By the way, if you'd like some experienced restaurant recommendations for the area, e-mail me anytime. You might be too late to get a room at either of the above-mentioned places -- better get on it. Buon Viaggio.

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 05:38 PM
Barbara

<BR>You don't say how long you'll be in the area, but we like to base in Positano (La Fenice is a lover's paradise - see Karen Brown guide) and then spend our last one or two nights in Ravello. Villa Maria, especially if you can afford their best room with large terrace and jacuzzi in bath, is idyllic. By the way, if you'd like some experienced restaurant recommendations for the area, e-mail me anytime. You might be too late to get a room at either of the above-mentioned places -- better get on it. Buon Viaggio.