Search

Ravello/Amalfi Bus Schedules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 09:04 AM
GAC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ravello/Amalfi Bus Schedules

SITA bus lines has posted its summer 2004 bus schedules along the Amalfi Coast. Noteworthy is the expanded bus service between Amalfi and Ravello, as follows

Amalfi to Ravello:
First bus 6:30 a.m. (7:00 a.m. on Sundays)
Last bus at midnight

Ravello to Amalfi:
First bus 6:05 a.m.
Last bus 23:25

Travel time is approx. 25 minutes in each direction.

In Amalfi, there are SITA buses to Salerno, Positano/Sorrento and Naples.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 09:12 AM
GAC
Original Poster

www.sita-on-line.it
Orari Campania
Quadro XV

Amalfi to Ravello bus frequency every 30-60 minutes.
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 04:28 PM

Hi,

what's the best way to get to Ravello from Naples?
Train to Amalfi, then bus to Ravello?
Thanks
Danielle
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 05:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
DanielleG - The train doesn't go to Amalfi. The train line ends in Sorrento and from there you will need to catch the bus.
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 06:22 PM

Hi kybourbon -

thanks for the info. another question: I'll be in Naples for a day or two, then wanted to go to Ravello for a few days, and then either Ischia or Capri. What's the best public transport route? Or am I nuts? Happier to settle in someplace for a couple of days then spend my time on the road.

Also, I checked the Ravello music society website and it seems like there are no concerts in August. True?

Many thanks in advance.

Danielle
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 06:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You can catch a ferry to Ischia or Capri from Naples or Sorrento. Ischia is closer to Naples and Capri is closer to Sorrento. The ferry website is metrodelmare.com.
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 10:05 PM

DanielleG,

For Naples to Ravello, we took the train down to Salerno and then the SITA bus (across the plaza from the train station) up to Amalfi. Nice ride, about forty minutes. The bus parks in Amalfi against the seawall, and you walk over next to the gellato stand and buy a ticket for the Ravello bus which boards from the same parking lot.

There is a 10:30 boat from Amalfi to Capri that stops in Positano, but it's like a bobbing cork when the sea is rough -- not like the rather large ferries that run from Capri to Naples.

Unless you have more than a day to do it, I would advise skipping Capri and just settling in at Ravello and unwind for a few days.
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 10:17 AM
ira

Hi DG,

From Naples, you can take the
circumvesuviana commuter train to Sorrento and the SITA bus toAmalfi.

This takes you along the entire Coast Road.

It is faster to train to Salerno and to take the bus or the ferry to Amalfi.

The ferry dock is about three blocks SW of the exit from the train station.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 06:22 AM
GAC
Original Poster

Danielle: the most efficient way to reach Ravello from Naples is as follows:

1. SITA bus DIRECT from Naples (Porto Immacolatella) to Amalfi departures (Monday through Saturday only) at 10:00, 14:15, 16:16 and 17:15. Travel time two hours.

2. Local bus from Amalfi to Ravello. Travel time 25 minutes.

If you want to do Ravello as a DAY trip, and want to get an earlier start, you should take an early morning TRAIN to Salerno, then either the SITA bus or the ferry boat to Amalfi.

Going to Amalfi via Sorrento will take longer.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 10:57 AM

GAC - thanks for the info.

Another question: if I want to do Naples for a day, then Ischia for a couple of days, and then Ravello, is that a travel nightmare? are there hydrofoils from Ischia to Amalfi? What's the easiest way to do this?
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 01:41 PM

Funny you should ask this last question. In June we were in Ischia for five nights. From there we were going to Ravello. Everyone there told us the ONLY way to get from Ischia to Ravello involved taking a boat back to Naples and then various options to get to Amalfi and Ravello. I kept seeing a number of day tour boats in the harbor at Ischia which went to Amalfi, so stopped and asked at one (actually ended up getting prices from two different companies). We ended up paying 15 euro each to take a morning boat to Amalfi from Ischia. They made a brief stop in Capri where some people got off for the day. We also stopped in Positano for a couple hours where we had lunch, but we left our luggage on the boat which was moored offshore. Then the boat took us to Amalfi where we got the bus up to Ravello. It was a great day and a lot easier than manuevering our luggage on and off several boats, trains, and busses.
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 01:55 PM

Patrick, did you see Saint Angelo (actually not himself, but the town, ha) on Ischia? I just found out that is where Purple Noon was filmed.

Thanks for the tip of using the tour boat.

Are you going to write a trip report?
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 02:03 PM

Yes, we did go down to St. Angelo for the day and had lunch. There's not a lot there (like most of Ischia) but was a delightful little stop.

About the trip report: I'm still spinning from the three month trip and busy these five days at home before leaving again for Oregon and California. I do plan to do a trip report -- or probably several on different segments, but I'm not sure how soon that will be.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:36 AM

Go into the Tourist Information offices and ask for a copy of the free SITA timetable now in handy booklet form containg timetables of all SITA services from Naples and the Amalfi Coast,including Sorrento,Positano, Amalfi and Ravello.