Search

Rave

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rave

I'd like to rave about a super little hotel (B&B really) we just stayed at in Lucca but I can't figure out how to add it the Rants & Raves page. I could, of course, just rave about it here on this message board but I really think it deserves to be properly reviewed and recognised! In case there are some tongues beginning to hang out I'll tell you it was the Villa Romantica, just outside the walls, 5 minutes walk from the centre. Lovely!!
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 05:27 AM

That is a major problem with the Rants and Rave section...you can only review the hotels that Fidir's has listed.

So Rave her...I'd like to hear it, as we are planning a rip to Lucca.!
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 06:06 AM

Hello Liz, We also found it to be a nice small B&B and a good option when you have a car. However, our walk into the town centro was at least :15--it was :05 just to the gate thru the wall.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Original Poster

Hi Bob! You're probably right about the length of time it takes to walk right into the centre from the hotel! When I did it I was with my daughter & her partner who is in the army so we were striding along at quite a fast pace!! It was quite cold too so we were hurrying to get into a nice restaurant to warm up! Anyway, even if it is a 10-15 minute walk I still give Villa Romantica a complete thumbs-up! I've stayed in a few of the hotels within the walls and I've also rented an apartment by the Duomo. All of these have been OK but I really did like the Villa Romantica. For Jody - I'll give a quick run-down - The family who run it are very professional but at the same time very kind and thoughtful. The building and garden are beautifully kept and the interior is a delight. I had a double room for single occupancy and it was spacious but cosy & warm (we had snow!!). My daughter & her partner had a suite with a four poster bed and they adored it. The breakfast room was newly decorated and very pretty. The breakfast itself was top-class - fresh fruit, orange juice & bread, yoghurt, croissant, English tea & scrumptious Italian coffee! The service was good too. As you can tell, I really did appreciate this little place and it has struck a chord with me. I will definitely return!
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Original Poster

ttt