Search

railway faires

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 11:33 AM
shahar

railway faires

hi everyone, i wanted to ask if anyone knows how much do i have to pay for a one way ticket from munich to berlin on a saturday?do i have to make a reservation? <BR>if it isnt to difficult do answer me to the e- mail address stated above

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 05:11 PM
Rex

http://bahn.hafas.de shows fares of 190 DM and 249 DM, both of which appear to be reduced price tickets, for saturday April 15. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 05:47 AM
Russ

Saturday. How lucky! If you can leave after 2 p.m., take the IC train at 2:43, arriving in Berlin at 10:22, and pay only 79 DM with the "Guten Abend" (which is good on weekdays only after 7 p.m.) ticket, which you can buy at any counter in Munich. Yippeeee!

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 05:49 AM
Russ

Whooa. I need coffee! I mistyped that. It's only 59 DM!!!

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 06:45 AM
mast

Russ, is it easy to get this special fare or is there a limitation of seats available? <BR> <BR>thanks, <BR> <BR>mast

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 06:31 PM
Russ

No, Mast. No Restrictions. Just ask for it. Leave as early as 7 p.m. on weekdays (2 p.m. on Saturday) and get in by 3 a.m. the next morning. It's only in Germany, of course. This is all from the DB site info in German. I think it's 69 DM for the ICE trains. What's strange is that the DB site shows the price at 74 DM for the departure I gave. Perhaps the price is up slightly and they haven't altered their web page yet.

Old Apr 10th, 2000, 12:40 AM
mast

<BR>Russ, the thing I don't understand is why the price difference is so great? compare 190dm and 249dm to 59dm and 75dm......strange, strange....

Old Apr 10th, 2000, 01:25 AM
Jochen

Well, they just want to provide an financial incentive to avoid peak hours. By the way, the prices stated by Russ are correct ( ICE trains 69 DM, all other trains 59 DM ), but from friday to sunday there is a surcharge of 15 DM. The connection suggested by Russ will therefore indeed cost 74 DM, since it is an IC and not an ICE train. Still a good buy in my opinion.