Reload this Page >

Railpass tips & usful sites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Liz

Message: I thought I might put together what I learned about traveling in Europe with a Railpass. We had a great trip,which included stops in: Brugge, Paris, Hallstatt, Salzburg, Rothenberg, Rhine castle area, and Brussels. <BR>The web sites I found most useful, and their main plus: <BR>www.ricksteves.com <BR>map with estimated point-to-point prices for comparison. Free booklet can be ordered with lots of info. <BR>www.euraide.de <BR>Rick Steves recommended site of ordering seat reservations and sleepers. Found them to be prompt, courteous, and accurate. <BR>www.railsaver.com <BR>Fun tool to help figure out what railpass is best. <BR>www.footloosetravel.com <BR>Info plus a “help desk” for your questions. <BR>We traveled the second half of June, never had a problem getting a seat without a reservation, except we did get required reservations for a TGV from Lille to Paris, and reserved a sleeper from Paris to Munich. We did these from the US because our schedule was tight. <BR>We have traveled in Europe by car before, found train travel relaxing and pleasant. <BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 08:44 AM
karen

Thanks Liz! We are planning a trip and would like to take a night train from Paris to Munich. Were the sleepers comforable? Thanks for yor help!

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 08:49 AM
Liz

Hi Karen-My husband and I agreed that we wouldn't like to do it too often, but for one night it wasn't bad and we slept pretty well.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 10:42 AM
Liz

Back to the top for Dee

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 07:41 AM
Liz

Back to the top for Chris.