Search

Quiet Rome Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 02:30 PM
SB1
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quiet Rome Hotel

After spending several nights in Positano, I will be heading to Rome for two nights. Can anyone please suggest a quiet hotel that is clean and well-located? Would prefer not to spend more than 225Euro/night for a double. Many thanks!
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:36 PM

Although it might be close to your budget, the Condotti Hotel on Via Mario de Fiori near the Piazza Di Spagna was on a quiet side street and had a nice boutique feel. We loved it, and it was a good location for walking to various sites. http://www.hotelcondotti.com (Staying at the TOP of the Spanish Steps is not a good idea.) Trish
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:47 PM

In March my family and I stayed for 8 days in the 4 star Hotel Dei Mellini whicg is located on the opposite side to Piazza di Spagna of the Tiber river. Its location was great for walking to San Pietro(15-20mins), Piazza Navona(10 mins) Piazza de Spagna ( < than 10 min) and Piazza del Popolo(5-10 mins). It was on a quiet side street off the river. We paid 210 Euros for each of the deluxe double rooms we had. This rate included breakfast and taxes. The rooms were lovely and service was great.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:51 PM
ocean4

Hotel Hiberia is a nice hotel, walking distance to the Trevi Fountain and the Colessioum. We stayed there one night in early Feb. Great location, very clean, excellent breakfast included and vey quiet. We paid 230 Euro for a queen bed and two single beds for kids.

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:51 PM

The hotel Due Torri is right in the center of the city and on a very quiet street. I loved it. See info on my websight in the Rome section...

http://richardab.home.comcast.net/

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:53 PM

I recommend Hotel San Anselmo on Aventino San Anselmo....very close to Circus Maximus/Palatine Hill. It has the feeling of a country villa, but you are a comfortable stroll from the sights of ancient Rome.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:16 PM

We stayed at the Due Torri based on Richard's positive report on this board. We loved it and would stay there again in a heart beat. Sumptuous breakfast buffet is included.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:31 PM

The Due Torri always get good reviews on this board. It is also a good place to stay because of its friendly atmosphere and quiet location!
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:33 PM

We just returned from Rome, and had stayed at Hotel Cecil, which was no more than the price you quoted, and was very clean, with a helpful staff, and a rooftop terrace, which we found to be a plus. It is located at the top of the Spanish steps, and straight up hill from it, is the Galleria Borghese, just about a ten min. walk. Everything is within walking distance.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:39 PM

I too stayed at the Due Torri after richardab suggested it and after reading about it on this board.

It truly is on a quiet street and it was lovely. The room was big for European standards and very clean. The service was good and the buffet breakfast nice. It is not far from Piazza Novona, which is a great location. We walked to just about everything. We were there in May and I remember thinking that the room might be too hot in the summer because the ac didn't seem to work too well, so you might want to inquire if others have been there in the summer months. Otherwise, I can't think of anything bad to say about this lovely little place. I would stay there again.

One more note, I've heard the prices for Due Torri (and hotels in Rome in general) have gone up a lot in the past couple of years.

Enjoy. Rome is fabulous.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:49 PM

I will admit my A/C didn't work well either but in Europe it rarely does!
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 07:51 PM

The Santa Chiara is a lovely hotel just around the corner from the Pantheon and the Piazza Navona with lots of cafes and activity, but the hotel itself is on a street that is only about 8 feet wide therefore not allowing for much traffic or a lot of noise. It was a wonderfully quiet and cool oasis in Rome which can be very hot depending on when you are there. The a/c was wonderfully powerful and could be adjusted to one's preference with a wall thermostat. We paid ~$200/night in May of 2000, so I would guess that it might come in for no more than 225 euros now. We had a great, comfotable king sized bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 09:01 PM

I'll also put in my 2 cents for the Due Torri. Nice rooms, quiet location, very good breakfast, very helpful staff and great chocolates at the front desk! Paid 240E for a triple last April.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 06:27 AM

Due to the falling value of the dollar it now costs 3 euro cents to post your opinion. Its hard to believe that 2 years ago it was just 1 cent!
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 06:38 AM

When I went to Rome, I was debating between the The Santa Chiara and Du Torre. I stayed at the Santa Chaira and it was fabulous. You cannot beat the location. We had a quiet room with a balcony overlooking the Mairia Sophra Minerva. Rooms with balcony are same price as other rooms. It was charming, the service was excellent, the location couldn't be beat. Very quiet. Some of the rooms themselves are look like 1970s decor, which turned me off when I saw the photos on the website. Don't let it scare you away. I'm glad I didn't. Lots of people I've known have stayed there since I went -- all had fabulous experiences. The du Torre is in the Campo de Fiore area -- a much different feel. A lovely hotel, but I didn't like the area, which is crowded and noisy. You can't go wrong with either of those two hotels, but... I'd take a serious look at Santa Chiara.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 06:47 AM

I don't know what Due Torri you looked at, but the one I stayed in wasn't in Campo di Fiore. It is in a wonderful, central location, between Piazza Navona and Piazza della Rotunda.

And, that's my 3 euro cents!
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 07:30 AM

The value of the euro drooped a bit today so now its a little less to have an opinion.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 01:49 PM

Hi
we stayed at the Santa Chiara in January. The prices were a bit higher than quoted on other posts but it is due to the euro. Great location, by the Pantheon. we walked to the sights we wanted to see. we only had four days but I would stay there again. Their price includes a buffet breakfast.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 01:54 PM

You mean the motorcycle/car repair shop isn't next to the Due Torri any more?

It was there a few years ago, but we enjoyed our stay anyway in spite of the motorcycles coming and going into the garage.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:28 PM

I never heard a single disturbance, auto related or otherwise, during my stay at the Due Torri. To the contrary, it was a great place to stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -