I'll start by saying our tickets are already booked, so an open jaw purchase isn't an option at this point. We have tickets booked from Boston to Barcelona via Dublin (Aer Lingus) in June. One member of our party has a conference in Barcelona at the end of our trip (he's staying longer) so our plan was to visit S. Spain for about 6 days, then fly back to BCN for a few nights, two of us fly home, and he stays on for his conference.
Our original idea was to arrive in Barcelona in the morning from our overnight flight, stay one night in Barcelona, then sometime the next day fly to Granada for a six day tour of Andalusia (flying back to BCN from Seville). We figured we'd be tired from the overnight flight, and would get in a little sight seeing in Barcelona the day we arrive, go to bed at a normal local time to get acclimated, then sometime mid-day the next head to Granada.
Now I'm wondering given our limited time if we should just tough it out and plan on flying to Granada around mid-day the day we arrive in BCN. Our overseas flight arrives around 10 am. There is a 1:20 Vueling flight to Granada. I know that would mean a long gap we'd just have to wait around. But would we gain anything by just sticking it out at the airport and continuing on to S. Spain and avoid a to/from airport turn around the next day? This would give us an extra night in S. Spain.
It makes an exhausting sounding first day, but at the same time we have the enthusiasm for the start of our trip working in our favor.
Also, for those who have taking flights within Spain, how long in advance of your flight did you arrive at the airport? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 10 Paris Apartment
- 11 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach
Quick one night in Barcelona before S. Spain, or go straight?