Quick, fast travel from Seville to Pamplona

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2009, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm studying abroad in Seville, Spain and want to get up to Pamplona for the weekend to see the Running of the Bulls! However, I'm having trouble finding decent rates for speedy travel between the two cities and need some advice as to where I should be looking. Any help/advice is appreciated! Thanks
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:32 AM

I think one or two other people will be going to Pamplona at that time. You cannot seriously expect to find cheap fares.
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:55 AM

You will need to sleep in the streets, as the rooms go quickly.
Old May 31st, 2009, 04:29 PM

You have two main options, neither cheap. You can fly, via Madrid (no direct flights), or you can take the AVE to Madrid and the ALVIA to Pamplona (4 trains/day). The only weekend this year is from the 10th to the 12th. There are some rooms available, some a very decent rates, but for the last three days only.

Currently, the cheapest round-trip from Sevilla to Pamplona, 10 to 13 July, is €118.76, but there are very few seats left at that fare. More than likely you'll have to pay closer to €400 for the round-trip.
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 01:07 AM

"decent rates" and "speedy travel" may be mutually exclusive

You can get an overnight Bus (SecorBus / SociBus) to Madrid (about 5.5 hours) and then another Bus Madrid-Pamplona. Sorry, I can't give you the cost because it's been several years since I did that route.

You may have to change Bus Terminals in Madrid (i.e., from Estación Sur de Autobus to Avda. de America Intercambiador) but if you're not carrying too much luggage you should be able to do that by MetroMadrid. The main Bus Company that operates from Avda. de America is Continental-Auto. Check to make sure they service the Madrid-Pamplona route.
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 01:25 AM

don't go. watch it on national tv every morning at 8am instead, preferably from a bar in the city as you enjoy a proper cafe con leche and a mollete con jamon y aceite. Pamplona during San Fermin is horrible - nowhere to sleep except the park, where you risk having your possessions stolen and/or being urinated on; nowhere to eat without a fight and nothing much to see unless you like the idea of watching hapless foreign students being mown down by bulls. Pamplona out of San Fermin week is a wonderful place but you're at the wrong end of Spain. Better to take the train to El Puerto de Sta Maria or Cadiz or even Chiclana (1hr) and have a fantastic day/weekend on the beach with plent of accom available and great food everywhere.