Reload this Page >

Question re Italy with two teens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 04:36 AM
Ann

My husband and I and two girls ages 12 & 18 will be traveling in Italy in June-July and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I will have trouble finding a room for all four of us. I know lots of places have triples but what about quads? We would be happy with two double beds or any other combination. Any one have any experience with this?

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 06:20 AM
nancy

Where specifically willyou be? <BR>I am assuming (maybe incorrectly?) that you would have more luck in large cities , than in smaller towns/villages. <BR> <BR>Also, from what other posters have mentioned, I think double beds in Italy, can be just a double size, not queen or larger. <BR>Could be kind of tight! <BR>nancy

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 06:39 AM
Ed

A quad, or suite, is what you want. I can think of few if any 'doubles' in Europe that would accommodate four. And the one or two I can think of were top of the line rooms in a five star hotel. <BR> <BR>Triples are somewhat hard to find, quads more so. <BR> <BR>The Due Torri for sure has at least one 'family room' (two rooms with a bath in the middle. Many hotels at the lower end of the price scale have triples and quads. They become more rare as you move up the price scale. <BR> <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria <BR>www.twenj.com <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 06:52 AM
Paulo

We did such a trip in July 97. The girls were 17 and 15 at the time. We used quads in Florence and Rome and 2 doubles in Verona, Siena and Pisa. In Venice (as we had done in Rothenburg and Salzburg) the girls stayed in a youth hostel (Giudecca Island), which was a great experience for them (and for us). If your goal regards budget balancing, quads in big cities and 2 doubles in smaller ones should do. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 02:43 PM
Lis Mari

I have a charming mini apartment in Rome for rent. It's attached to the large green natural park of Villa Doria Pamphili,(for relaxation, walks,tennis etc. a few minutes from Saint'Peter's and connected with bus and tram services to the historical centre of Rome. All comforts included. Contact me for more info. <BR>Ciao! from Lis Mari