i have a very specific question directed at fellow canadians who are also bank of montreal customers.
i have read through several threads about withdrawing cash in paris/europe instead of carrying euros from home.
i called BMO today and they told me that if i withdraw money from a foreign bank machine, i will be charged BMO's exchange rate. i compared BMO's exchange rate against XE.com and found that BMO's is about 5-7% higher than the 'real' rate.
if what the rep is telling me is true, then it doesn't seem like there would be any financial advantage in waiting until i got to paris to make any cash withdrawals from local ATMs.
can anyone help me suss this one out? i'm not sure if i spoke with a misinformed agent.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 3 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 6 Help with Venice Trip?
- 7 Dubrovnik
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 10 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 15 Norte Dame light show!
- 16 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 10 Days in Austria
- 21 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 22 Greece in end October
- 23 Champagne Tours
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe