Question about Split and Dubrovnik?

Old Jun 6th, 2019, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Split and Dubrovnik?

We are planning 14 days in June of 2020. 4 ppl total, The more I research, the more I begin to wonder if I would plan too much. Based on where we are interested in going (Croatia/Slovenia/Bosnia), which is better to see, Dubrovnik or Split? Since they are both coastal towns, I am thinking that it might be better to only see one of them. I want to put a couple of days where we are just winging it (late getting up, afternoon at the beach).

So if we only did one of them, which would be better? I'm thinking staying 4 nights in one of them and doing day trips.
Old Jun 6th, 2019, 05:45 AM

If you choose Dubrovnik you need to check the Cruise Ship Programme. More than of them shopping trolleys ships will saturate Dubrovnik with humanity. Ditto in Split but perhaps not quite as noticeable.

From Split it's easy to plan day trips on the water to the islands of Brac [1 hour] and Hvar [2 hours].
Old Jun 6th, 2019, 06:01 AM

With two weeks I don't see any reason to not see both--what else is on the agenda? In both, it is easy to see the highlights in a day or two.
Old Jun 6th, 2019, 06:52 AM

Dubrovnik and Split are really different places. The first is a small pretty town with a wall around it. With lots of cruise ship visitors. Split is a small city built in the remains of a Roman palace. Both are very interesting. So it depends on what you like
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 05:33 PM
kja

Originally Posted by Mimar
Dubrovnik and Split are really different places. The first is a small pretty town with a wall around it. With lots of cruise ship visitors. Split is a small city built in the remains of a Roman palace. Both are very interesting. So it depends on what you like
Ditto

IMO, 14 days for the area is very rushed, but without knowing your interests or actual itinerary, it is hard to comment.