Search

Hotel in Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 12:08 PM
Jen

Hotel in Dublin

Has anyone stayed at the Burlington Hotel in Dublin? Any info would be appreciated. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 12:45 PM
Cathy

Jen, <BR>The Burlington is part of the Doyle/Jurys Group of Hotels and is of excellent quality and nice neighbourhood. It is located just outside the city centre but it is still within walking distance. Hope this helps.

Old Mar 10th, 2000, 10:27 AM
Krista

I stayed at the Burlington 2 years ago and while it is a nice hotel, I felt it was just too far away from everything. It was a good 20 minute walk to the town center-if you walk at a brisk pace like I do. If that's your only option then you'll be fine, but if you can find another hotel in the city center (I recommend the Temple Bar Hotel) you'll probably be more comfortable.

Old May 21st, 2002, 07:47 AM
tupper

I stayed there last week. It was very noisy and the staff were not that helpful.<BR>Its also a long, long walk to anything of interest.

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:58 PM
Shelly

Krista -<BR> How was the noise level at the Temple Bar Hotel? We walked by it and although it looked all right, there was a very large busy bar right next door (with lots of bouncers at the door).<BR>Also, I got the impression that a lot of tour groups use it (not that I find anything wrong with that).