quaint hotel Ideas for BILBOA?

Sep 25th, 2001, 07:12 AM
Amanda

quaint hotel Ideas for BILBOA?

Hi all - Does anyone know of a quaint hotel to stay in Bilbao?

Sep 25th, 2001, 08:24 AM
sam

Hotel Lopez de Haro
Obispo Orueta, Bilbao, Spain

Hotel Ercilla
Ercilla, Bilbao, Spain

http://www.hotelgenie.com/bilbao/index.shtml

Sep 25th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Amanda

Thanks, I saw that in my general browser search but I was hoping for a personal suggestion.

Sep 25th, 2001, 08:57 AM
Maribel

Also the 4 star Hotel Carlton, a Belle Epoque, Old World European style hotel with great location on the very pretty Plaza de Federico Moyua-member of the Aranzazu hotel group.
See www.codeconet.com/aranzazu/carlton.html

Sep 27th, 2001, 11:51 PM
Catgirl

hi - i stayed in the Hotel Carlton last September and it WAS located in a very central part of the city and the rooms were more than adequate, but I wouldn't call it quaint. It is a very big hotel and when I think of quaint I think of little. Also, there were a lot of conferences going on and the breakfast room was a big conference hall with a buffet style meal laid out - not intimate at all. I'm sure that you can find a more quaint hotel upon further researching though...the food in the 'Casco Viejo', 'the old quarter' bars was to die for! Good luck and enjoy your stay in Bilbao - we did!

Sep 28th, 2001, 09:46 AM
John

Not a direct answer to your question, but we stayed in a very nice, I suppose you could use the word "quaint" (which I personally dislike using) hotel in Mundaka, a small town on the coast about an hour north of Bilbao, called the Hotel Atalaya. Very nice people, comfortable place, good restaurant, affordable. We were told our room had been used on several occasions by Maestro Gehry as he was visiting his ouvre in Bilbao during construction. Mundaka is the (self proclaimed?) surfing capital of Europe; the hotel sits on the town/market square a few yards from the wee harbor and the ocean. Pretty nice place and a good alternative to Bilbao IMO, which we found frankly to be somewhat grubby aside from the museum precincts.