Purchase Museum Pass for later use?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're arriving in Paris this Sunday, and have out of town trip planned for Tuesday so Wed. thru Friday are museum days. We are going to purchase the 3 day museum pass. Question-can we purchase the museum pass on Sunday or Monday to be used later in the week, Wed-Friday or do you need to use them the day you buy them?
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:06 PM
yk

flygirl-

If I remember correctly, the museum pass does not get "activated" until you get to your first museum/monument. So, short answer, Yes, you can buy it in advance.

Have a great trip!
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:54 PM

The previous poster is correct. The museum pass doesn't take effect until the first day you use, regardless of when you bought. A word of caution: Do NOT fill it out until you are sure you will use on that first day. Once you insert a date, you cannot change it.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 06:03 PM

Yes. YOU fill it out beginning the first day you use it, so you are in control of the days it's useful.

But unless you are planning to go to a museum or be in a métro that sells them during the first part of your Paris visit, I'm not sure why you'd want to do this. I usually pick up a pass at the first museum I'm visiting, validate it, and then use it thereafter. I certainly wouldn't make a special trip to a museum or métro stop to get one during that first part of your Paris visit.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. We get into CDG on Sunday so will be using the metro then & thought we'd have time on Monday to get our Carte Orange and Museum Passes at the same time, so we wouldn't have to wait in line at the first museum we go to to get the pass. Thanks again for the help.
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 06:02 AM
ita

The pass becomes valid the first day you use it, but I would recommend not buying it untill you need it. Strikes are very common in Paris and I had the experience of buying a pass and not being able to use it because of museum strikes. There are no refunds or extensions.