Provence weather

Mar 27th, 1999, 09:54 AM
sheila

Provence weather

What's the weather like in Provence in late November through January? We're thinking of going at Christmas.
Many thanks. srw

Mar 27th, 1999, 12:16 PM
greg

The weather will be starting to get colder by november - expect daily maxima around 14-15 degrees C - but it should still be pleasant, with plenty of sunny days through to Christmas. If the "mistral" blows it will be much colder. By Christams daily maxima could be down to 10-12 degrees. Nights will be cold.
Many museums etc will close from sometime in late october - early november.
I must mention that we have a house to rent in the vaucluse region of Provence if you are interested. Electric heating throughout and an open fire. We have vacancies from mid-october to 25th december and then after mid january.

Apr 6th, 1999, 06:47 AM
ellen

I am interested in your home in Provence towards the end of November for a night or two. What is the cost?

Apr 6th, 1999, 11:10 AM
anne

We spent a week in Provence between Christmas and New Years. It was cool, blustery (but not the Mistral!), and sometimes rainy. We had hoped to take some longer walks between towns, but the weather wasn't good enough for that. However, it was great for exploring villages, the markets of Provence, and the lovely towns. I especially enjoyed Aix-in-Provence-above all on market day. We kept our umbrella handy, and rejoiced when we didn't need to use it! Along the coast (we drove along the riviera as well) we enjoyed seeing the flowers blooming in the midst of winter.
The charming perched village of Eze is a must, as well as a drive along the corniche highways along the sea.

Apr 14th, 1999, 03:31 PM
sheila

Thanks to all for your help. Greg, we already have a house, but thanks for the offer. We'll be in Provence October and November, turns out, rather than later, but it wasn't the weather that scared us -- just other considerations. Having grown up in Texas, I like the off-season travel; cold and damp are just fine, considering a life time of the opposite. Thanks again. wetiGrownns. Bumioan

Search this Thread