Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Provence Vacation - Need Expert Opinions!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 1999, 04:42 PM
Leanne

My fiance and I will be spending nearly two weeks in Provence/Riviera in July. We have decided to spend our time in the Luberon region, Aix-en-Provence, and then head to the Riviera for another few days. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding accommodations, main attractions we absolutely MUST see, and any information on winery tours? Has anyone done any hiking in the Luberon? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated--thanks for your help! <BR> <BR>Leanne

Old May 20th, 1999, 05:45 PM
TaraZ

E-mail [email protected] - she is quite the expert. Or, maybe it's PROVENCEW. Try both.

Old May 22nd, 1999, 06:32 PM
Ellen

In my opinion, you absolutely must see Gordes, Les Baux and Rousillon in addition to Arles and Avignon. You will need a car <BR> <BR>Outside of Nice, there is Eze village, St. Paul de Vence and Vence, as well as the Rothschild Estate in Cap St. Jean Ferrat. All are accessible by bus (the ride is quite scenic) from Nice. <BR>

Old May 23rd, 1999, 03:55 AM
Mary

Check out www.provenceweb.fr. Lots of good info.

Old Jun 21st, 1999, 11:54 AM
Julie

I spent a week in Provence in early May and it was fabulous! We made Avignon our home base and headed out via car on day trips from there. Gordes was wonderful, Aix-en-Provence and les Baux <BR>were worth seeing too.

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 09:26 AM
Kelly

We found a great website, actually where we found our B&B. The translation is OK, but the pictures are great. Go to: www.guideweb.com

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 11:46 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Leanne, You are better off staying in <BR>the Avignon area rather than Aix. More <BR>to see and do, and Aix is a big town. <BR>At the Riviera, stay at St Tropez for <BR>the west end, but I love Menton for <BR>the eastern part---near Monaco. For <BR>Provence, check out St. Remy or Isle sur <BR>Sorgue areas to stay---near Avignon.